No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Cold Reading in Counselling and Psychotherapy: Becoming the Projected Archetype Kindle Edition
See all 3 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
Counsellors and Psychotherapists are part of a profession that is founded on psychological research, however many advertise themselves as having the power of Reiki and suggest that they have spiritual power which enhances their skills. Some Counsellors and Psychotherapist believe in the power of angels and cosmic ordering. Such advertised beliefs cannot help but influence a clients belief system. This book is very enthusiastic in differentiating fact and fantasy to the point of a controlled rant with some accompanying deviations from good grammar. It suggests that through experience with people on a personal level that Counsellors and Psychotherapists can gain a good understanding of the general truths of human nature which can create the delusion of spiritual insight. Cold reading is used by mediums psychics and other spiritual practitioners to convince the public that they posses the power to read minds, see into the future and speak with the dead. Some of these practitioners are not aware that they are using Cold reading techniques as their belief in their own powers is reinforced by the collaborative public who need to believe. Some of them become excellent at their trade through practice and become acute at recognising subtle unconscious signs that can be used to impress the onlooker. The reader is encouraged to think what psychological principles are involved in Cold Reading and if Cold reading can ever be applied in a therapeutic way.
There are no customer reviews yet.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle Exclusives
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Professional & Technical
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology