- Audio CD (Sept. 23 2003)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Sony Music Canada
- ASIN: B0000CAXIC
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette | LP Record
- Average Customer Review: 262 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,527 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Compare Offers on Amazon
The Colour And The Shape
|Price:||CDN$ 19.48 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|2. Monkey Wrench|
|3. Hey, Johnny Park!|
|4. My Poor Brain|
|5. Wind Up|
|6. Up in Arms|
|7. My Hero|
|8. See You|
|9. Enough Space|
|10. February Stars|
|12. Walking After You|
|13. New Way Home|
Includes the bonus tracks Requiem, Drive Me Wild, Down In The Park, Baker St, Dear Lover and Color & Shape.
A major criticism of the Foo Fighters' self-titled debut was its supposed lack of, you know, passion among the well-crafted songs and well-crafted rock. This time out, if it's wreckage you want, it's wreckage you get. The Colour & the Shape grows deeper the more it's played, with the band's ripping power more than matched by Dave Grohl's fascinating examinations of pain and divorce. There's even a convincing long slow ballad, "November Stars," whose intensity should win over doubters. If that doesn't work, then the screaming "My Hero" will. --Rickey Wright --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
What sets it apart and above the rest is the depth of the album. For instance, while "There is Nothing Left to Lose" begins with three great songs it sort of tapers off as the album progresses. Not so with "The Colour and the Shape."
Songs like "Monkey Wrench", "My Hero", "Everlong", and "Walking After You" are well-known (and maybe slighly overplayed when it comes to the first two) but all 13 songs are quality listens. Moreover, the album grows on you with each spin -- I remember liking some songs but not others at first but now really like the whole thing. I really doubt this is an album you would grow tired of or only hear a lot at first and then let collect dust.
I think the Foo Fighters are one of the coolest bands around and this represents the coolest of their work. Each song is pretty good; the guitar on this album is rugged and hard-charging without ever devolving into headache-inducing noise.
1. Doll- About a 1:30 slow song with daves great voice 5/5
2. Monkey Wrench - Fasted paced in-your-face song. One of the best songs on the album 5/5
3. Hey, Johnny Park - A CLASSIC 5/5
4. My Poor Brain - If it sounds screwed up in the begining the cd is fine. Another great song. 5/5
5. Wind up - I really didn't get the song but it's cool, gets old after a while. 4/5
6. Up in arms - I really didn't care for this song 3/5
7. My Hero - This song is The BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM. It's hard not to think about Kurt & no matter how many times u listen to the song it seems like ur listening to it for the first time. 10/5
8. See You - I didn't car for this song too much either.... 3/5
9. Enough Space - this song gets old really fast 3/5
10. Febuary Stars - This is one of their slower songs on thier album but it's ok
11. Everlong - This is slso one of their greater songs on the album. it's more of a summer song(also a good song to put on while on a date!). 9/5
12. Walking After You - Also another great song to put on during a date 5/5
13. A New Way Home - it's in the same form as come back (on the the foo's new album one by one) 5/5
This is the Foo Fighters Best album next to nirvana albums i also recomend one by one the foo's new album