- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Complete Guide to Selling a Business Paperback – Aug 31 2012
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This accessibly written guide for owners of small to mid-sized businesses explains the steps for marketing and selling a business". Reference & Research Book News
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I'm not a lawyer and I easily understood everything that went into our contracts. In fact, the buyers of our business were impressed that we did all the paperwork ourselves and their attorney approved all of the contracts. Personally, I don't think I would ever take the "DIY" route again - but I know what it takes now!
I don't recommend selling (or buying) a business without an attorney or CPA. However, read this book first and you will have a much more informed conversation about what you do and don't want in your contracts when you do go to your attorney and CPA. Use the information from this book to help you interview and hire the right professionals to assist you.
I keep this book on my shelf as a great reference and have recommended it to many clients. I refer to this occasionally when a client needs to design their exit strategy.
The price of this book is well worth it. Consider it the pre-requisite education you need before spending hundreds (or thousands!) of dollars being educated by a lawyer!
thousands in taxes to be imposed after the completion of the sale. READ THIS GUIDE
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Reference > Business Law
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Law > Business > Franchising
- Books > Law > Business > Reference
- Books > Law > Perspectives on Law > Science & Technology
- Books > Law > Practical Guides > Business