Computer Security Fundamentals Paperback – Mar 3 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
: This gateway into the world of computer security provides one-volume coverage of all the basic concepts, terminology and issues, along with practical skills essential to security. Topics covered range from those commonly found in security books such as virus attacks, buffer overflow, hacking spyware and network defense, as well as more specialized areas including cyber terrorism, industrial espionage and encryption. Providing a comprehensive introduction, this volumes examines assessing a target system, denial of service attacks, malware, basics of assessing and securing a system, encryption, Internet fraud, and cyber crime, industrial espionage, cyber terrorism and information warfare, cyber detective, security hardware and software. For system analysts network administrators, network security professionals and security audit professionals.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is the best book for a beginner.
It has excellent exercises and review questions. I can unequivocally recomend it.
What bothers me greatly is how badly printed this book is. The screenshots are faded out and a bit blurry because it looks like they copied the book rather than printed it. The chapter numbers on the right edge of the pages are partially cut off when you get to chapters with two digits, which happens when you make a copy of a copy. The grays are faded and the book looks like they were running out of toner when they used a laser printer. At this price, the book should be printed using a normal printing process, not some cheap copying method.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > Security+
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Privacy
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Security & Encryption > Privacy & Online Safety
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Security & Encryption > Encryption
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking