- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Connecting with Socially Isolated Seniors: A Service Provider's Guide Paperback – May 15 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"As a former administrator of a 110 unit, HUD subsidized apartment building for low income older adults in San Francisco, I have personally witnessed how easily residents can become increasingly isolated as their health becomes frailer. Through the efforts of our service coordinator, we were quite successful at helping our frailest residents 'age in place' but, looking back on it now, I realize we could have done more to help our residents 'age in community' and, by doing so, reduce their isolation. The steps, strategies, ideas and facts contained in this book will make it possible for any HUD subsidized senior apartment manager/service coordinator to reach out to their isolated residents in a variety of ways that are right for each individual and, by doing so, reduce their isolation, help foster community and improve the quality of life of not only their isolated residents but others as well."--Roy Earnest, MSW, LCSW, Pacifica, CA (04/12/2012)
About the Author
Patricia Connolly Osage has been the Director of Resident Services for six years at Satellite Housing in Berkeley, CA, USA.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging > Eldercare
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Health Care Delivery
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Public Health
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Geriatrics
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Gerontology
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Aging Parents > Eldercare
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gerontology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Health Care Delivery
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Gerontology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Geriatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Health Care Delivery
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Geriatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Gerontolgoy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences