- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Consciousness Revolution Paperback – Nov 1 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The discussions were intense and wide-ranging but held in tranquil surroundings in the homes of the authors in California. In the words of Ervin Laszlo, who acted as editor for the volume, they wanted `to reflect on the chances of peace in the world [but] ended up talking about crisis, transformation, goals and values, worldviews, understanding ourselves and others, art, science, religion, and spirituality'; and the central issue: `Can we change and evolve our consciousness so as to transcend the current crisis-prone world?'
From the scope of these discussions it will be obvious that this is a difficult book to review. On each subject, the participants contributed their own viewpoint and the dialogue went back and forth, on and around each topic, gradually evolving into the next issue. Despite the fact that the subject matter is therefore rather diffuse, they try to address how each person can put his or her own life in greater alignment with the groundswell developing in global spiritual consciousness. Nothing less than a positive contribution from a majority of people on the planet, and especially those most concerned with its destruction - politicians, industrialists and bankers - can bring this embryonic movement to fruition. As Ken Wilber, who contributed the Foreword to the book, says: this is `an extraordinary discussion among three of the very finest minds of our time'.
The Great Work: Our Way into the Future
An invaluable contribution towards the development of a species that wants to survive in a peaceful coexistence with all of nature.
Should get back in print as soon as possible.
This is a dialogue between three spirits. Inter-resting that it is dialogue, in the true sense, but between three. And so it spreads.
I am only a simple mother waiting to be a grandmother but I can COOK! You bring great food for thought and new recipies for the family of man.
Peter Russell has a new book out available at his site...go there...I did and plan to read it. I consider all these men as Great Chefs and I am following instructions to the Cook.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Cognitive Psychology