- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Contemporary Social Research Methods Using MicroCase, InfoTrac® Version (with Workbook and Revised CD-ROM) Paperback – Sep 19 2002
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
1. Concepts And Theories. 2. Steps In The Social Scientific Process. 3. Measurement. 4. Censuses And Samples. 5. Causation And Causal Models. 6. Basic Research Designs. 7. Survey Research. 8. Comparative Research - Using Aggregate Units. 9. Field Research. 10. Experimental Research. 11. Content Analysis And Other Unobtrusive Techniques.
About the Author
Rodney Stark is a renowned scholar and researcher, and is recognized as one of the foremost sociologists working in the field of sociology of religion. Professor Stark has published more than 140 articles and 27 scholarly books that have won numerous awards and acknowledgements, including a Pulitzer Prize nomination. He is also known as a pioneer in the technology field. He co-founded the MicroCase Corporation, which is now a part of Thomson Wadsworth. With his background in journalism, it isn't surprising that in addition to receiving praise for his unique approach to sociology, he's received praise for having one of the better-written texts on the market.
Michael Corbett received his Ph.D. from the University of Iowa. He was professor of Political Science at Ball State University, where he taught courses covering an introduction to Political Science, research methods in Political Science, and public opinion. He was the author of numerous scholarly articles and of several books: POLITICAL TOLERANCE IN AMERICA: FREEDOM AND EQUALITY IN PUBLIC ATTITUDES (New York: Longman, 1982); AMERICAN PUBLIC OPINION: TRENDS, PROCESS, AND PATTERNS (New York: Longman, 1991); SOCIAL RESEARCH USING MICROCASE (co-authored with Lynne Roberts ) (Bellevue, WA: MicroCase Corporation, 1998); and POLITICS AND RELIGION IN THE UNITED STATES (co-authored with Julia M. Corbett) (New York: Garland Publishing, 1999). Professor Corbett passed away in November of 2001 after battling cancer. His many years of service to the Research Methods book remain evident on every page and will continue for many editions to come.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Research
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Marriage & Family
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Research
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Research
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology