Corporate Computer and Network Security Hardcover – Mar 17 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I also agree with a previous reviewer that some of the information seems a bit contrived or made-up in terms of modern day lingo use. The "drive by hacking" descrip the author uses in chapter two is accurate, but is more prevalently known as wardriving but the author does not identify that to the reader.
One thing the author does do well is reinforce concepts through questions that are interspersed throughout each chapter as well as "Thought questions" at the end of them. This being a first edition, I hope that subsequent editions are improved especially considering the price of the text. As book alternatives, Network Security Bible (basic level) and Security Warrior (intermediate) are good reads at a more palatable price.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > Security+
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Publisher > Prentice Hall
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Security & Encryption > Encryption
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking