Correct Your French Blunders: How to Avoid 99% of the Common Mistakes Made by Learners of French Paperback – Nov 28 2006
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Speak and write French as if it were your native tongue!
Tired of making the same old mistakes of switching your genders, confusing your tenses, and mixing up your idioms? Break the bad habits that leave everybody you talk to scratching their head. Correct Your French Blunders warns you of hundreds of typical errors learners make and explains the reasons behind the mistakes, so you can correct yourself in the future.
Improve your French skills with this fun and comprehensive guide and avoid all the common pitfalls, such as:
- Mispronunciation and misspelling
- Applying English grammar patterns to French
- Putting verbs in the wrong tense
- Using incorrect prepositions in expressions
- Forgetting agreements in gender and number
- Hanging out with faux amis (false cognates)
Correct Your French Blunders offers exercises covering all parts of grammar and wraps it all up with review passages to check that you are blunder-free. Soon, biting your nails will be your only bad habit!
About the Author
Véronique Mazet, Ph.D., is an adjunct professor of French at Austin Community College.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Unlike typical textbooks, it organizes all the rules logically (for example, when it talks about definite and indefinite articles, it talks about ALL the rules and exceptions for their use in one place, in much more detail than an introductory textbook, focussing on mistakes that English speakers are particularly likely to make).
I used to use Glanville's Comprehensive French Grammar for this purpose, but this book is much more user friendly.
Buy this book if you are looking to improve your French and sound more like a native speaker; you won't be disappointed!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses > French
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > French
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > French
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Study & Teaching
- Books > Textbooks