The Cost of Empire: The Finances of the Kingdom of Naples in the Time of Spanish Rule Hardcover – Mar 29 1991
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is a study of government finance in the kingdom of Naples, a Spanish dominion from the mid-sixteenth century to the time of the Thirty Years' War. It is unrivalled in the breadth, comprehensiveness, and sophistication of its analysis of an early modern fiscal system.
About the Author
<div><b>John Elliott</b> has had an industrial and academic career and for the past twelve years has been chairman of the Honourable Society of Cymmrodrion. He was Director of the Institute for Employment Studies based at the University of Sussex and until recently was a Professor of Business Studies.<br></div>
Olwen H. Hufton is a professor of European History and Women's Studies at Harvard University.
Professor H. G. Koenigsberger FBA is one of Britain's senior historians. German by birth, he has taught at Manchester, Nottingham, Cornell and London, and is now Professor of History Emeritus and Fellow, King's College London. Koenigsberger is also a Past President of the International Commission for the History of Representative and Parliamentary Institutions, and in 1987 Cambridge published a festschrift in his honour under the title Politics and Culture in Early Modern Europe, ed. Mack and Jacob. In the late 1960s Koenigsberger was a founder-editor (with Professor Sir John Elliott) of the 'Cambridge Studies in Early Modern History' series, where his book is now being published.
Hamish Scott is Professor of International History, University of St Andrews. He is the author of The Rise of the Great Powers, 1648 1815 (1983, with D. McKay) and British Foreign Policy in the Age of the American Revolution (1990). --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Debt & Deficits
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic History
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Public Finance
- Books > Business & Investing > Finance
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > History > Europe > Italy
- Books > History > Europe > Spain
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Debt & Deficits
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic History
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Public Finance