Create Your Own Employee Handbook: A Legal & Practical Guide [With CDROM] Paperback – May 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Absolutely delivers on the promises it advertises. Weeknesses are present. Could be a little more indepth on the legal side. Has many great tables about laws where you can look up your state's laws specifically but also is missing several tables that would be nice, and refers you to your state labor website instead...understandable, but could be more complete.
Uses "you/we" language in its text templates, which has a really large corporate stuffy feel to it, even if the language is kept simple. "We require you..." sort of feeling. I changed all 'we' to name of the company and while less 'personal' it actually sounds more team oriented. It's not hard to do since every sentence just has to be gone over anyway. Still, don't get the idea it's 'difficult,' using the templates is handy in many ways, quicker than retyping, and enforces a great outline organization for your handbook.
You can build a complete and good handbook with this and proper research within your company and about your state's laws. As they say, a lawyer will be a necessary part at some point if you want to be careful, but you may not need to pay one to read the whole thing, just to consult on sticky parts for your business or your state.
We'll finish our handbook within a month. I've heard of some small companies taking a year to complete one. I know this book has helped tremendously.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Labour Policy
- Books > Law > Business > Labour & Employment
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management