Creating Citizens: Political Education and Liberal Democracy Paperback – Dec 24 2009
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
`Review from previous edition This is a very good book...it contains an original interpretation of certain aspects of liberal political philosophy; and it applies some of these insights to the pressing issue of the kind of education that is appropriate for liberal citizenship. Callan is to be commended for applying a sophisticated liberal political philosophy to the difficult and neglected issues of citizenship education. Even when readers disagree with Callan's conclusions, they will benefit from engaging with his argument and analysis.' The Review of Politics
`Its argument has obvious relevance to a range of educational settings. Callan's reasoned and dialogical way of writing underpins an honest and disciplined approach to political education in a liberal democracy.' Journal of Moral Education
About the Author
Eamonn Callan is a Professor of Education, Stanford University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Deals in Books
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > Relations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Doctrines