Bring Walt Disney into Your Classroom
Award-winning teacher Shauna Pollock shares her innovative system for an "experimental prototype classroom of tomorrow" that you can apply today to your own classroom, and reap the educational benefits of teaching by the "Disney Way".
Walt Disney was a filmmaker, a theme park designer, and an innovator - but he was also an educator, and the same principles that make his films so watchable and his theme parks so enjoyable can be applied to the classroom. If Walt Disney had designed a curriculum, equally effective for students from kindergarten through high school, it would have looked a lot like Shauna Pollock's Creating Classroom Magic.
Shauna shows you how to:
- Get kids to think and to dream just like the Disney Imagineers
- Use lessons from the life of Walt Disney to impart valuable principles that kids won't forget
- Incorporate technology into your teaching day, and empower kids to build relationships with their peers around the world
- Adapt Disney's concepts of "show", "safety", and "courtesy" to bring even the dullest lessons to life, and tame even the rowdiest classroom
- Plus, exclusive stories from Disney Legends like Rolly Crump, Bill "Sully" Sullivan, and Tom Nabbe about Walt's teaching techniques
PUNCH UP YOUR LESSON PLANS WITH PIXIE DUST!