Critical Companion to Ernest Hemingway: A Literary Reference to His Life and Work Hardcover – Mar 1 2007
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Like others in the publisher's Critical Companion series, the Hemingway volume offers a biographical chapter, followed by AZ coverage of works. The treatment of major novels is quite detailed, with brief entries for characters as well as chapter-by-chapter plot summary and some critical commentary. A second AZ section covers "Related People, Places, and Topics" that had some significance for Hemingway's life and work. Among the appendixes are a Hemingway chronology and a list of film, stage, television, and radio adaptations. Quinn, Mary Ellen
.,."one of the best reference books of the year."
"An excellent addition to an already strong series, recommended..."
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Authors
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Antiques & Collectibles
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Literature
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Books & Reading > Reference
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature