- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Cross-Cultural Dialogues: 74 Brief Encounters with Cultural Difference Paperback – Jan 1 1994
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Cross-Cultural Dialogues is excellent for anyone working in a multicultural setting.[and] is a delight for individuals who like to solve cultural riddles. -- Nancy Hartney in NAFSA Newsletter
About the Author
Craig Storti is founder and co-director of Communicating Across Cultures, a Washington, D.C.-based intercultural communication training and consulting firm specializing in seminars on cross-cultural adjustment and repatriation. With work appearing in the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, and Chicago Tribune, he is the author of six books, including Speaking of India: Bridging the Communication Gap When Working with Indians and the bestselling Cross-Cultural Dialogues, The Art of Crossing Cultures, and The Art of Coming Home. Having lived nearly a quarter of his life abroad, he lives now in Maryland. For more information, please visit his website: www.craigstorti.com
Top Customer Reviews
Analyzing the cultural contexts behind the dialogues will help to inform the reader about the importance of trying to "desconstruct" conversations through different cultural lenses. So much is happening so quickly beneath the surface in these cultural interactions that it is important to be able to develop the skills to recognize a cultural miscue or faux-pas when engaging in conversations with others from different cultural backgrounds. Raising one's sensitivity to these issues will help to improve cross-cultural communication.
The book is quick, easy, and enjoyable reading. I would recommend it to anyone planning to travel or work abroad.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > International
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Interpersonal Relations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Customs & Traditions
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Social Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > International Business
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Anthropology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology