Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ CDN$ 10.76 shipping
+ CDN$ 9.99 shipping
Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle
|List Price:||CDN$ 139.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 40.00 (29%)|
- 1.7 quart capacity; 1500 watts of power for quick heating;
- Stay-cool nonslip handle; Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup
- One touch controls with blue led indicators; 6 preset temperatures for different types of teas
- 30 minute keep warm option
- Measures 8.8 by 6.1 by 9.75 inches; Limited 3-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This Cuisinart CPK-17C PerfecTemp Cordless Electric Programmable Kettle features the latest in technology to make boiling water quicker and easier than ever. The elegant brushed stainless steel finish makes it the perfect addition to any table. Great for making tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal, instant soups, and noodles, it will quickly become part of your daily routine. In just minutes, this contemporary cordless kettle brings up to 1-3/4 quarts of water to the boiling point and then turns itself off. You'll wonder how you lived without it. Concealed heating element Brushed stainless steel
From the Manufacturer
PerfecTemp Cordless Electric Programmable Kettle
Easy and delicious
For tea to reach its full flavour, it should be steeped at just the right temperature. The Cuisinart PerfecTemp Electric Kettle has 6 preset temperatures for different varieties of tea. 1500-watts provide fast heat-up, and a Keep Warm option will maintain the set temperature for 30 minutes. The kettle can even be removed from the power base for up to 2 minutes without shutting off. The Memory feature allows your kettle to be lifted off base for 2 minutes without shutting off or losing its place in the brewing process. Cuisinart continues to make life civilized, easy and delicious!
Dimension 8.80" X 6.10" X 9.75"
- 1.7-liter capacity
- 6 preset temperatures
- One-touch controls with blue LED indicators
- 30-minute Keep Warm option
- 1500 watts for fast heat-up
- Blue backlit water window
- 360° swivel cordless connector
- Stay-cool nonslip handle
- Limited 3-year warranty
Before using for the first time
Before using your Cuisinart PerfecTemp Cordless Programmable Kettle for the first time, we recommend rinsing the kettle with water to remove any dust or residue remaining from the manufacturing process.
1. Open kettle by pressing the Lid Release (OPEN) Button.
2. Add fresh, cold water, watching level in water window. Do not fill past 1.7L mark – overfilling could cause boil-over.
3. Close the lid by pressing down until it locks shut.
4. Make sure the unit is plugged in, then place the kettle on the power base.
5. Press the preset temperature button for the type of tea you are brewing; both preset and Keep Warm buttons will light up.
NOTE: If Keep Warm function has been turned off, only the preset temperature button will light up.
6. Begin the heating process by pressing the Start button. The selected preset will flash until water reaches set temperature. To turn kettle off at any time, simply press the Start (Stop) button again.
7. Once your kettle has reached the selected temperature, the unit will beep. The Keep Warm, preset temperature and Start lights will stay on, and temperature will be maintained for 30 minutes.
8. Lift the kettle off the base to pour water. All lights will turn off while the kettle is off the base.
9. Return kettle to the base. Indicator lights will go back on and the Keep Warm cycle will pick up right where it left off.
The kettle features an internal “memory” that lets you leave the kettle off the base for up to 2 minutes without it going into standby mode.
When returned to the base, it will restart the heating and/or Keep Warm cycles right where they left off.
NOTE: If kettle goes into standby mode before it’s returned to base, simply reselect your preset temperature and press Start to restart.
Keep Warm Mode
Keep Warm is the kettle’s default function that automatically maintains selected temperature for 30 minutes. If you have selected the Boil preset, your unit will hold a temperature just below boiling during the Keep Warm cycle. To bring water back to a rolling boil, press the Start button twice.
Keep Warm can be turned off by pressing the Keep Warm button at any time before or during the heating cycle. To turn it back on, just press the button again. If Keep Warm is not selected, when the kettle reaches the preset temperature the unit will beep and the Start light will turn off. The preset temperature light will remain lit until water temperature has dropped below the preset.
Boil Dry Protection:
Your kettle is equipped with boil-dry protection. If it starts heating without enough water in the unit, the heater will automatically shut off to avoid damaging the heating element. The lights will flash and the unit will beep to alert you. Once the kettle has cooled down, lift it off the base, then replace it to reset and restart the heating cycle.
The quickest way to cool down the heater is to fill the kettle with cold water; however, you can also wait for it to cool down by itself.
If the unit is not in use for 5 minutes, it will revert to sleep mode. The heater and all lights will be off, but your last selections will remain in the unit’s memory. To turn the kettle back on, simply press any button, or lift it up and then return it to the base.
Features and Benefits
1. Dripless Pour Spout with Splash Guard keeps counters dry.
2. Removable Scale Filter for clean water.
3. Easy-Open Lid for quick and easy filling.
4. Lid Release Button.
5. Preset Temperature Controls with Indicators.
Delicate Tea (160°F [71°C])
Green Tea (175°F [80°C])
Oolong Tea (185°F [85°C])
White Tea (190°F [88°C])
French Press (200°F [95°C])
Black Tea (Boil - 212°F [100°C])
6. Start (Stop) with Indicator to start/stop the heating process.
7. Keep Warm with Indicator maintains the selected temperature for 30 minutes.
8. Water Window for a clear view of water level.
9. Stay-Cool Handle designed for comfort.
10. Power Base with 360° Swivel for cordless convenience.
11. BPA Free (not shown) all parts that come in contact with food/water are BPA-free.
A brief history of Tea
The origins of tea can be traced back nearly 5,000 years to a legendary emperor of China. A prolific herbalist, it is believed that leaves from some twigs he was burning floated into a boiling kettle of water. The results were delicious, and tea was invented. The hot beverage flourished throughout southern Asia; the Dutch East India Company introduced it to Europe in the late 17th century. From there it spread to the American colonies and the rest of the world!
Types of Tea
There are many types of teas, the most popular being black, oolong, green and white. All teas come from the same warm-weather evergreen plant: the Camellia sinensis, or tea plant. Tisane or “herbal” teas can be a mixture of just about anything: herbs, flowers, spices, seeds, etc. There are also varieties of tea that are real teas with spices or other flavourings blended in. Earl Grey, for instance, is black tea with bergamot peel or oil added.
The Benefits of Tea
Tea is more popular than ever. And every cup is brimming with benefits: natural vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Drinking tea has actually been found to be better for you than drinking water. It rehydrates your body and its healthy antioxidants may offer protection against a wide range of diseases. Tea can be an invigorating start to the morning, a soothing break from a busy day, or a comfortable way to unwind and relax each evening – it all adds up to a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
The Art of Steeping Tea
Great care is taken to create every tea’s unique character. Each tea should be brewed at the right temperature to properly savour and appreciate all the natural and aromatic flavours and benefits. More delicate teas risk burning at general steeping temperatures; this variety should be steeped at a lower temperature to optimize flavours. Below is a chart with our suggested steeping temperatures and times.
Tea Steeping Art
Type, Temperature and Time
For Delicate Tea the temperature should be 160°F (71°C) for 1-2 minutes.
For Green Tea the temperature should be 175°F (80°C) for 2-3 minutes.
For White Tea the temperature should be 185°F (85°C) for 2-3 minutes.
For Oolong Tea the temperature should be 190°F (88°C) for 3-4 minutes.
For French Press the temperature should be 200°F (95°C) for 4-5 minutes.
For Black and Herbal Teas the temperature should be 212°F (full boil [100°C]) for 3-5 minutes.
Cleaning and Care
Unplug your kettle and allow it to cool before cleaning.
Wipe the kettle and base of unit with a soft, damp cloth. Be sure that the electric kettle socket is kept dry. Dry all parts after every use.
Never immerse kettle or power base in water.Any other servicing should be performed by an authorized service representative.
Removable Scale Filter:
This kettle has a scale filter inside for clean water. The filter can be removed by grasping it and pulling upward. Run under hot water and rub with a clean cloth or brush. Replace the filter; it will snap back into place.
Decalcification refers to removing mineral deposits, which may form in the interior of the kettle and may result in discoloration. To get the best performance from your Cuisinart PerfecTemp Cordless Programmable Kettle, decalcify your unit from time to time. Frequency will depend on the hardness of your tap water and how often you use your kettle.
We suggest using a kettle descaler in order to dissolve these deposits or scale. Follow the directions on the descaler package.
If a commercial descaler is not available, fill the kettle with enough white vinegar to cover the bottom by about 1/2 inch (1.25 cm). Heat the vinegar to a boil. Repeat this with cooled vinegar until all deposits are removed. When the descaling process is complete, empty the kettle and rinse out several times with clean water.
Limited Three Year Warranty
We warrant that this Cuisinart product will be free of defects in materials or workmanship under normal home use for 3 years from the date of original purchase. This warranty covers manufacturer’s defects including mechanical and electrical defects. It does not cover damage from consumer abuse, unauthorized repairs or modifications, theft, misuse, or damage due to transportation or environmental conditions. Products with removed or altered identification numbers will not be covered.
Your Cuisinart product has been manufactured to the strictest specifications and has been designed for use only in 120 volt outlets and only with authorized accessories and replacement parts. This warranty expressly excludes any defects or damages caused by attempted use of this unit with a converter, as well as use with accessories, replacement parts or repair service other than those authorized by Cuisinart.
If the appliance should become defective within the warranty period, do not return the appliance to the store.
Please contact our Customer Service Centre: Toll-free phone number
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
* Build - is solid and unpolished metal finish works very well in the kitchen. Design is simple and functional.
* Controls - I like the controls on the handle that allow you to pick the temperature you want water to reach - for some teas you do not want boiling water: 160°F/71°C for delicate, 175°F/80°C for green, 185°F/85°C for white, 190°F/88°C for Oolong, 200°F/95°C for French Press and then you Boil it 212°F/100°C for Black.
* It keeps the temperature for 30 minutes by constantly reheating it (every few minutes, which means heating element is not always turned on, thankfully that should mean it will last longer I hope). You can turn it off by pressing "Start" button after you pour water.
* It will beep if there is no water inside and you turn it on.
* It heats water to precisely the temperature you pick. It is great if accurate temperature is important to you.
* Simple and effective design means you can pour water without any dripping.
* Concealed heating element that won’t get gunked up by mineral deposits and won't require cleaning.
* It is hard to say how much water is in the kettle. Blue light illuminates the window and water inside, but you have to look at it closely to see how much water is inside.
* Buttons do not feel very solid, but that is not very scientific description - it is just how I feel.Read more ›
The unit is very fast to heat water and is decently audible when it reaches the preset temperature. The handle (of course) and the lid are insulated so they don't get too hot while running---'very nice touch on the lid, you can peek inside and then close it without burning a finger!
The inside of the unit is metal, with some plastic for the filter and the insulation on the lid. The plastic so far has been emanating a nasty plasticky smell when there's hot water and the unit is open, but the water is fine: it hasn't affected any of my more delicate teas.
The labels are all in degrees Fahrenheit'---even the French sticker labels! Rather useless labels for a Canadian market.
The base seems well designed and has a decent interlocking mechanism to prevent anything except the kettle from contacting the power contacts. It's not watertight, but the base isn't meant to be in much contact with water either, I guess! The unit seems to have a supercapacitor or something in it for the electronics, so that it can retain its state for a few minutes when you take it off the base---'so you can pour some water, put it back on the base and it keeps it warm at your original preset.
UPDATE: After having used this for two weeks or so, some more comments:
If you have the "keep warm" option on, and you pour out the water and put it back on its base, it will try to keep the water at the specified temperature even when you put it back on, as expected. This has the unintended consequence that if you empty it, put it back on the base and forget to turn it back off, it'll try to heat up again and eventually trigger the overheating protection.Read more ›
Our experience was the lettering began to rub off almost immediately, then the electronics failed and it was rendered useless in less than 12 months. Very Disappointing! It was returned to the local Cuisinart depot and they replaced it without question. The replacement is far superior and now I feel very badly about returning this obvious knock off for a replacement at Cuisinart's expense. Not at all fair to them.
What can I say? It's attractive, controls the water temperature, beeps when the water is ready, and has a large enough capacity to be useful.
The keep warm feature is excellent for those who basically want boiling water on demand.
Most recent customer reviews
slick kettle and allows for pre-set temperatures. maintains water temp for 30 minsPublished 3 days ago by Jason Menard
Takes forever to heat up and the filter makes a mess while pouring as it blocks the water from smoothly flowing. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Amazon Customer
Husband swears by it. He thinks we should buy it for the home as he took this one to the office, but my regular kettle is still in great condition so I will buy this next if the... Read morePublished 21 days ago by northern girl
What I didn't like is that after couple of months it stopped working and I had to pay to send it and for the company to send it back to mePublished 28 days ago by Amazon Customer
heats water super fast and as a tea drinker that drinks a lot of different types, it is great to be able to select the different temperature for each type of tea. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Michelle D.
I love the choices for water temperature for a variety of teas. It looks great on the counter and is easy to handle. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Sherri