Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 13.10 shipping
Cuisinart Griddler Waffle Plates, Black
|Price:||CDN$ 39.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- One set of waffle plates bakes 4 deep-pocketed (3/4-inch thick) belgian waffles
- Nonstick baking plates for easy release of waffles dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
- Recipe book included
- Plates fit any GriddlerTM and Griddler GourmetTM Models, specifically:CGR-4 Series, CGR-4N Series, GRID-8 Series
- Limited 1-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Griddler waffle plates.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. The instructions state to spray the plates with non-stick spray prior to use. Do not do this. The plates are already made from high-quality non-stick material and this step is not necessary - in fact it will make the plates eventually an unusable sticky mess. In my experience, using non-stick spray ruins these plates because eventually they will not work properly and you will have to scrape to remove the waffles which by then are a giant pile of cooked batter mess.
2. Do not run through the dishwasher. Again, the instructions state that these are dishwasher safe, but save your bucks and handwash these plates! I'm not sure which of these two ultimately lead to the demise of my first set, but I can't think that a high-heat wash setting in the dishwasher did much to help either. Carefully hand wash (again we use the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush and/or a Norwex cloth with great results)
3. So obvious, but DO NOT use anything but the rubber spatula that came with your Griddler to remove waffles. Period. If you scratch the surface, start saving for another set! Speaking from experience, without thinking I removed waffles with a fork here and there - knicking the surface a few times and it became a big deal when the surface began to rust and peel after washing. Something about serving food cooked on peeling & rusting surfaces isn't really appealing to me :)
Although it may be a little time-consuming, it is worth it every time to preserve these quality plates! I can see them lasting many years when properly cared for.
Although these plates won't make a truly thick Belgian waffle, they don't make your skinny commercial frozen waffle either. Plus the larger waffle grid pattern makes these plates easier to clean than a finer grid pattern.
I make waffles a lot (I bought this to replace a 20-year-old electric waffle maker that finally failed), so here is some feedback from my first batch of waffles with the Griddler waffle plates:
I had some problems attaching the plates at first until I realized that the hooks for the Griddler are meant to go through the holes in the plates, not attach to the dents in the back of the plates. That's different from the way that the flat plates and grill plates that came with the Griddler are attached, which threw me because I've used my Griddler for years and, well, it was early in the morning when I first tried this. It was easy to put the plates on once I realized my mistake.
Spray the plates with cooking spray in the sink before attaching them to the Griddler to reduce cooking spray mess. Spray the plates then rotate 180 degrees and spray again to get coverage of all the little grooves and bumps.
The instructions in the manual for cooking time and temperature are very good - roughly 3 mins at 400F.Read more ›
I should say this is an Amazon/supplier problem. Can't actually comment on the product itself as its useless right now.
Most recent customer reviews
Fit my Cusinart grill/griddle perfectly. Makes cooking waffles for my hungry boys easy by getting four done at once.Published 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
What can I say, love waffles, bought the panini maker, had to have the waffle plates :-)Published 15 days ago by D. P. G
No, the model number matched up with my griddler but when they arrived they were different and keep falling off my machine.Published 22 days ago by Pamela Langston
Love that these are truly non-stick, only need to wash them off with water and a bit of dishsoap.Published 25 days ago by Wendy Ford
Fits my Griddler as expected. Of course, even though it's specified as non-stick, I'd suggest lightly oiling the surface before use.Published 26 days ago by ML