Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 4.99 shipping
+ CDN$ 21.60 shipping
Cuisinart Steam Oven, Silver CSO-300C
|Price:||CDN$ 295.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- The steam oven is truly a unique oven that incorporates all the functions of a professional steam oven in a countertop footprint
- 0.6 cubic ft. capacity.
- Cooks food fast (up to 40-percent faster than conventional ovens)
- Food retains valuable nutrients, vitamins and minerals as well as moisture and freshness
- Functions include:
This item ships separately and in the original manufacturer's packaging. There will be shipping labels attached to the outside of the package. You may mark this item as a gift if you do not wish to reveal the contents.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Combo Steam and Convection Oven
From the Manufacturer
Combo Steam + Convection Oven
Cooks up to 40% faster than conventional ovens
The Steam Oven is truly a unique oven that incorporates all the functions of a professional steam oven in a countertop footprint. It’s a countertop convection oven with full steaming capability. Steam heat cuts cooking time up to 40 percent plus food retains valuable nutrients, vitamins and minerals as well as moisture and freshness. Choose from 9 single and combination functions. Steam or poach any type of vegetable, fish, poultry or rice. .. or use steam in combination with both Broil or Bake functions to create roasts that are beautifully browned on the outside, yet moist and juicy on the inside. Special settings allow you to proof breads, rolls – even homemade pretzels and donuts. Bake them faster, with bakery-quality results.
- 0.6 Cubic Ft. Capacity
- Electronic Controls with LCD Display
- Functions Include: Bread, Bake, Convection or Bake Steam, Broil or Broil Steam, Steam or Super Steam, Keep Warm
- Viewable Water Reservoir
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
Parts And Features
1. Blue-backlit lcd digital display
Shows the selected cooking function and icon, temperature and cooking time. Also displays clock, preheating for certain functions, heater elements in use, toast shade and fill water indicator.
2. Blue-backlit program dial/button
Lets you choose from 9 cooking functions, set the temperature, cooking time, and the lcd display clock.
3. Light button
Illuminates interior to monitor cooking progress for 2 minutes. Blue led surrounds the button to indicate the light is on.
4. Start/cancel button
Starts and stops the cooking cycle once function, cooking time, and temperature are selected. Green led surrounds the button to indicate the cooking cycle has begun.
5. Water reservoir
1.4–liter removable reservoir for all functions requiring steam, and for oven steam-cleaning.
6. Drip tray
The slide-out drip tray comes already positioned in your steam oven and is designed to collect excess liquid. The drip tray slides out from the bottom front of the oven, making it easy to empty and clean.
7. Oven rack
Four-position rack for multiple cooking functions: lower for roasts, poultry, casseroles, bread and baked goods. Middle for standard-size foods and dishes, toast and bagels. Two broil positions, upper and lower, for broiling.
8. Baking pan
A baking pan is included for use with the broiling/steaming rack; use alone when baking or roasting.
9. Broiling/steaming rack
A broiling/steaming rack fits into the baking pan for use when broiling or steaming foods such as fish and vegetables.
10. Crumb tray
Sits underneath the heating elements to catch crumbs from bread and toast. For convenience, we recommend removing the crumb tray when using steam functions.
11. Cord storage (not shown)
Wraps around rear of unit for a clutter-free countertop.
12. Bpa free (not shown)
All materials that come in contact with food are bpa free.
Getting to know your control panel
Lets you view the 9 cooking functions, time, temperature, toast shade, active heating elements, and add water alert. When oven is plugged in and not in use, clock will be displayed.
Use to select cook function, change preset time or temperature, and choose toast shade. For further details see diagram above, second column.
The large blue-backlit lcd screen is easy to read, and clearly displays the function, time, temperature, and toast shade you have selected. Indicators also let you know if top, bottom or both elements are heating, and when to add water to the reservoir.
See diagram above for further details.
Set your clock
Plug the oven into a 120 volt ac outlet will read 12:00 am. To set clock, press and hold the program button until the time starts flashing. Scroll the dial to select am/pm and then press button to confirm. Scroll the dial to set hour and then press to confirm. Finally scroll the dial for minutes and then press to set.
Oven rack position guide
(see diagram above)
1. Place oven and appropriate accessories on a clean, dry, flat surface. Make sure oven interior and accessories have been cleaned and dried thoroughly before use.
2. Open the unit using the handle on the door, pulling it downward until it rests comfortably in place.
3. Before cooking, position the oven rack for the cooking function being used. Refer to the cooking functions chart and oven rack position guide for proper positioning.
4. Important when cooking with steam
Fill the water reservoir with tap water if using a function requiring steam. Remove reservoir by lifting vertically, using the integrated handle. Invert and remove reservoir cap and fill. Replace cap and return reservoir so that it is properly seated in its original position.
5. Place food in oven and close door.
6. Turn the program dial to engage the functions menu.
Note: the program dial/button will be surrounded by a blue led light to indicate the functions menu is engaged.
7. Scroll until the proper cooking function appears on the screen. Refer to the cooking functions chart for function information.
8. Press the program button in the center of the dial to set the function. A beep will sound and the temperature setting will start flashing.
9. Use the program dial to select the desired temperature. Refer to the cooking functions chart on page 5 for temperature ranges.
10. Press the program button again in the center of the dial to set temperature. A beep will sound and the default time will begin flashing.
11. To increase or decrease cooking time, use the program dial to scroll to appropriate time and then press the program button again in the center of the dial to set the time.
12. Press the start/cancel button to begin cooking cycle.
Note: a beep will sound and the start/cancel button will be surrounded by a green led light to indicate the cooking cycle has begun.
The countdown timer will begin counting down until cooking cycle is complete.
Cleaning And Maintenance
Always allow the oven to cool completely before cleaning.
1. Always unplug the oven from the electrical outlet.
2. When cleaning the exterior, do not use abrasive cleansers, as they will damage the finish. Simply wipe the exterior with a clean damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
3. To clean the interior walls, you can first loosen food debris by running the steam cycle function. Follow the operating instructions, using the steam function default [30 minutes at 210°f (99°c)]. Once cycle is complete wipe interior with a cloth or sponge. Do not use harsh abrasives or corrosive products, which could damage the oven wall surface.
4. To remove excess liquid, slide out the drip tray and discard contents. Wipe clean or place in top rack of dishwasher. To remove baked-on grease, soak the tray in hot sudsy water or use nonabrasive cleaners. Never operate the oven without the drip tray in place.
5. The oven rack, baking pan, broiling rack, and crumb tray are dishwasher safe. If heavily soiled, soak in hot sudsy water or use a nylon scouring pad or nylon brush.
6. Rinse water reservoir in hot, sudsy water. Dry well.
7. Never wrap the cord around the outside of the oven. Use the cord storage tabs on the back of the oven.
8. Any other servicing should be performed by an authorized service representative.
Note: if oven is not in use for more than 1 month, fill water reservoir and run oven on steam function at 210°f (99°c) for 60 minutes before using.
Limited three-year warranty
We warrant that this cuisinart product will be free of defects in materials or workmanship under normal home use for 3 years from the date of original purchase. This warranty covers manufacturer’s defects including mechanical and electrical defects. It does not cover damage from consumer abuse, unauthorized repairs or modifications, theft, misuse, or damage due to transportation or environmental conditions. Products with removed or altered identification numbers will not be covered.
Your cuisinart product has been manufactured to the strictest specifications and has been designed for use only in 120 volt outlets and only with authorized accessories and replacement parts. This warranty expressly excludes any defects or damages caused by attempted use of this unit with a converter, as well as use with accessories, replacement parts or repair service other than those authorized by cuisinart.
If the appliance should become defective within the warranty period, do not return the appliance to the store. Please contact our customer service centre for further information.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Also I have only been using it for about 11 days.
- The steam feature is cool. I have not tried a ton of recipes, but I reheat food a lot and this is better than my last one for that by far... food is not dried out and in some cases better than the day it was made... I do not know why, maybe because so moist and flavors mix in better. Very impressed.
- Works as expected for most things, definite cool factor.
- Fit in the same spot as my old one, yet slightly wider. Not much.
- Quiet - I can barely tell its on, even when convection fan is running... maybe just due to new, but my old ones fans was more loud.
- Too Quiet? - I can barely tell its on, even when convection fan is running... which can be a bit confusing... standing there... did it go? There is a green light so if you trust in it... I dunno I like the "I'm on" hum.
- The timer BEEP is... well I'll let you know when I hear it. I have not heard it yet even though I sit 20 feet away in my computer room with an open door. Yes computers are a bit noisy... but my old oven... I would have to go to it ASAP as it was annoyingly loud...Read more ›
Canadian customer beware - Cuisinart Canada has abysmal customer service. They did not respond to my e-mail, hence I followed up with a phone call. The customer service representative whom I spoke to did not seem at all concerned that they sold a subpar product and turned the tables on me by expressing 'surprise' that it was rusting, commenting that 'stainless steel shouldn't rust'. Yes, I know that, why do you think I'm making a complaint?
I used the oven to steam baby food so I was very disappointed by the quality of the oven - if you are advertising an oven as 'stainless steel' with a 'steam function', it should not rust, period. I have attached photo evidence here. Cuisinart customer service (if you even care) you can contact me. I'm returning this item.
1. steaming traditional chinese meat dishes. this steam oven works great. I just put an entire dish of chopped meat in it and steam it with the 'super steam' option, it turned out great. the only difference between steaming it in a Pot was there was less juice in the meat dish when done due to no steam drop coming down to the dish when steaming. now no more big pot cleaning and putting the big pot away afterward which I found very annoying. Now I only put the empty dish in the dish washer. This machine is extremely handy and save me a lot of cleaning up time.
2. steam bake drum stick, I love my drum stick with crispy skin. I use the 'steam broil' option, the drum stick turned out moister than the usual baking and the skin turned out golden brown and very crispy. the cooking time was about 25 min which was faster than using the toaster oven which took about 45 to 50 min.
3. It's also great for reheating Chinese frozen dim sum, frozen bun, frozen rice dumpling. My husband use the 'super steam option' for 10 to 20 min and the food turn out very moist.
highly recommend this machine to all Chinese family.
this steam oven exceeds my expectation and I highly recommended it to all Chinese family since we steam a lot of food. Haven't tried to cook other thing yet.
First of all, the Cuisinart toaster oven came very quickly; I think 3 days after I ordered it. I got it in time for Thanksgiving which helped a lot.
I am glad I paid extra for this oven. Yes, it's a little more than the regular convection ovens but the steam feature makes it worthwhile. I can steam all sorts of protein without drying out. When I bake things, the convection bake function allows me to bake it in less than the time on recipe so you have to keep an eye on it. Otherwise you an overbake/cook things. It does take up counter space but no big deal. The only issue I have is that the water reservoir isn't designed to shake out excess water easily. It's hard to keep reservoir dry to prevent stagnant water sitting there when you don't use steam.
Overall, I am pleased with my purchase and people who have seen it work are impressed as well. I've only had it for about 4 weeks and use it almost daily. Hope it lives up to my hype in the months and years to come!
Most recent customer reviews
Awesome oven use instead of my big oven.
Cooks every thg faster and less time then big stove.
First shipment arrived with a dent on the door. Replaced via amazon. Very quiet. Door does not seem to open smoothly.Published 3 days ago by XOXOXO
Very convenient to have in the kitchen. I steam most of my dishes and this does the job quite well (e.g. Whole fish, spare ribs, vegetables).
Issue: rust on the racks. Read more
The oven works as desired. It is a bit small to cook a whole chicken in as the top will burn. Be weary of price fluctuations.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I LOVE this oven, use it almost every day, the self cleaning works well, it reheats leftovers VERY well, pasta or Chinese food comes out tasting almost like it wasn't reheated... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Aaron
This is a must buy! I've been using it for over a year now, the steam function is awesome when making vegetables or fish. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Good steam & accurrate temperature control; reasonable price. Not programmable different stages cooking.Published 2 months ago by Charles Tse