- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Culture and Technology Paperback – Jul 9 2004
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Culture and Technology should be very much at home on the required reading lists of courses in philosophy, cultural studies, media studies, sociology, new media and political economy. Potts' and Murphie's prose is clear and user-friendly, as all good code should be. As such, it should also provide the general reader with an accessible and intelligent introduction to these fields as they relate to culture and technology.' - Lisa Gye, Real Time Arts 'Culture and Technology appeals to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. A sophisticated text.' - Darren Tofts, The Electronic Book Review '...I know of no other book that covers this massively important field (more of a country than a field) so thoroughly and clearly.' - Maurice B. Line, Journal of Documentation 'A wonderful text including philosophical, theoretical and practical approaches to the general concerns of the symbiotic relationship of culture and technology.' - Tim Detwiler, Resource Center for Cyberculture Studies
About the Author
John Potts is Senior Lecturer in Media and Communications at Macquarie University.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Mass Media > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Technology
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Anthropology