DEMONS & WIZARDS - DEMONS & WIZARDS
|Price:||CDN$ 15.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Rites Of Passage|
|2. Heaven Denies|
|3. Poor Man's Crusade|
|4. Fiddler On The Green|
|5. Blood On My Hands|
|6. Path Of Glory|
|7. Winter Of Souls|
|8. The Whistler|
|9. Tear Down The Wall|
|10. Gallows Pole|
|11. My Last Sunrise|
Demons & Wizards
Top Customer Reviews
I bought this when I was at my favorite store. It was on the sales rack. When I listened to it on the way home I thought it was great. Very hard rocking. I really love the very dark but beautiful melodies and mythic lyrics. Toally wicked!. Buy this CD! You will think it rocks! This band combies the sounds of Blind Gaurdian and Iced Earth so it has alot of metal and fantasy inspired lyrics. This band is very, very interesting and different. I wish channels like MTV and Muchmusic played bands like this. This band has 70s and 80s metal infulence so it would be great to have those tv staitons play something new but with an old sound.
1 Rites of Passage: One of the best intros ever! It dosen't have any words just some sort of chanting. Very cool.
2 Heaven Denies: A fast, loud song. I think this song is pretty cool and well done but there are better songs on the album.
3 Poor Man's Crusade: Another fast song with violent lyrics but a good tune. Sweet song but the next song is better.
4 Fiddler on the Green: One of the best songs on the album. A beautiful rock ballet about two childern dying, it is amazing, deep and a very good rock song.
5 Blood on My Hands: Another one of the best songs. Its very catching and has very mystical lyrics.
6 Path of Glory: Again one of the best songs. Its very up lifting and hard. Good for bad days.
7 Winter of Souls: This ones ok but not their best. Its got good lyrics but there is room for improvment.
8 The Whister: Very catchy and well writen but chours seems to repeat itself alot. The lyrics are cool but desturbing.Read more ›
1. Rites of Passage / 2. Heaven Denies (10/10) The first track is just a minute long chant-like intro, which kicks into the blistering guitar of Heaven Denies. This is a great song, with guitar that seems to strum at a million miles a second. The lyrics are dark, and, which should be obvious from the title, about the guilt associated with Christianity. Ends in a medeival sounding chant, even with some latin ("spiritus sanctus").
3. Poor Man's Crusade (10/10) Another anti-Christian song, about the bloodshed and guilt associated with it. More heavy guitar, with a catchy chorus.
4. Fiddler on the Green (10/10) Starts out very melodic, with acoustic guitar and melodic singing, then after about 3 minutes some heavy but doomy guitar comes in. Great melodic song, with a really emotional feel to it.
5. Blood on My Hands (10/10) This is my favorite song on here. The lyrics seem very spiritual and pagan, it's a heavy song, with a catchy chorus ("By the ancient spirits rise / The old ghost will claim their lives / But still they're lost in time").
6. Path of Glory (9/10) This is a slower, more melodic song. Good, but somewhat sub-par.
7.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
If you are to get 1 CD that has Hansi Kursch in it, this is it! this CD has the amazing singing voice of Blind Guardian frontman Hansi Kursch and outrageous guitar playing from... Read morePublished on Aug. 22 2009 by J. Chaulk
ok cheesey title. this really, in my opinion, shoulda been an iced earth album. john shaffer coulda used the music from this album, put matt barlow (former iced earth) on vocals... Read morePublished on June 25 2004 by christopher shaffar
Demons & Wizards is a side-project band featuring Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth on guitars and bass, and Blind Guardian's Hansi Kursh on vocals, with Iced Earth's depressive,... Read morePublished on June 23 2004 by Nathan
When any real power metal fan hears the names Iced Earth or Blind Guardian, one can't help but have their eyes widen and say, "yea, they rule! Read morePublished on June 15 2004 by S. Morales
first, i'm a big fan of both blind guardian and iced earth,
so this album has been collecting thick layers of dust on
my cd rack ever since it was released, in the year... Read more
The music is cool! But those vocals are horrible! Man with some killer singing, I would love It! song writing is cool.Published on March 12 2004
This album really is incredible. Not really a bad song on it in my opinion although their are a few lesser songs. Read morePublished on Dec 17 2003 by josh-13
coming from death metal and old school metal, i was not use to the singer's high pitch voice fans of i.e. and b.g. excuse me. Read morePublished on Nov. 18 2003 by Joseph T. Kowalski
Why is it so many regard this as inferior to Blind Guardian and Iced Earth's own efforts? I think Hansi's voice and Schaffer's guitar were meant for each other: the music of... Read morePublished on Nov. 9 2003 by Lord Chimp