- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Daily Rituals: How Artists Work Hardcover – Apr 23 2013
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
When people say they keep one specific book on hand to gift to friends, they should now be referring to this book. I am, anyway. It's an insightful read to kick off the new year, and can be read in short bursts when inspiration is required.
Daily Rituals has 161 routines of people you’ve likely heard of like Franz Kafka or Bach. The thing that stuck out to me reading the book is how much leisure many of the creatives put in their day. Now many of them may not have considered it leisure since they were out wrestling with their demons of creativity while walking the mountains, but really so many of them spent copious amounts of time walking or sitting in the pub drinking a pint or sitting in a cafe sipping on coffee watching those going by them.
It seems to me that we can learn something here.
Daily Rituals is very well researched and plain old entertaining, if light (as in none) on the ways you can apply the routines of others to your daily routine.
Still a recommended quick read in my opinion.
Most recent customer reviews
I'm sure this book would be useful to an artist, but all I got from it was that artists have different rituals, which I already assumed. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Shawn Berube
Well worth the purchase. LOVE the exercises and the whole book is an awesome read and very inspiring!Published 10 months ago by Klaude
A collection of researcher's notes for himself , kind of . Can be of some use thoughPublished 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
A simple and entertaining read. Hope there's a second volume in the works!Published 15 months ago by mathias987
well, it is exactly what it says it is: an index of artist's daily rituals arranged, i think, by birth of artist.Published 18 months ago by dude
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Artists, Architects & Photographers
- Books > Education & Reference > Trivia & Fun Facts > Curiosities & Wonders
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Creativity
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Creativity & Genius
- Books > History > Historical Study > Essays
- Books > Humour & Entertainment
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology