- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Dancing with the Wheel Paperback – Nov 1 1991
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sun Bear The Medicine Wheel Is a Springboard of Power that Will Allow You to Link Up with All the Energies of the Universe.
Tom Brown, Jr. Director, The Tracker School, author of The Tracker, The Search, and The Field Guide to Wilderness Survival I sincerely believe that if more people would come into the circle of Sun Bear's vision it would be the saving of the world. I give him, his vision, and his books my fullest support.
Dr. Elisabeth KÜebler-Ross author of On Death and Dying Sun Bear is a proud example for the generations to come.
Page Bryant author of The Earth Changes Survival Handbook During these times of great change, Sun Bear's vision seems particularly appropriate.
About the Author
Sun Bear, a sacred teacher of Chippewa descent, is the founder and medicine chief of the Bear Tribe, a multiracial educational society. He is a world-renowned lecturer and teacher and the author or coauthor of eight books. He is publisher of the magazine Wildfire and founder of the World Earth Fund.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The first chapter (I love the title) is called "The Dance Begins." It steps through things like what a medicine wheel looks like, what it represents and how to make one. Then there is a section on "hearing the earth's song" - this is almost a meditation of sitting quietly and listening to your own heart beat and that of the earth. Then there are pages on the different clans (I especially love the Butterfly Clan). Ceremonies like smudging are described as well as centering through use of drums & rattles. There are chants to sing, discussion of the different pathways, using the medicine wheel for healing, using stones/minerals, totem animals. Plants are also discussed. Oversll quite a comprehensive book - one that can keep you busy for quite a long time because its so full of information and activities.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > Native American
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Native American Studies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Earth-Based Religions > Native American
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Earth-Based Religions > Shamanism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Astrology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mysticism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult