David Bowie: A Reality Tour
|Price:||CDN$ 12.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Filmed last November 22 and 23 in front of emotionally charged audiences at the Point Depot in Dublin, Ireland, the DVD marks the influential rock legends first concert film in over 15 years. 30 songs spanning BOWIEs illustrious career--including "Five Years" and "Hang On To Yourself," which BOWIE hasnt played live in over 20 years--are featured in a riveting state-of-the-art sound and light stage production that was conceived by BOWIE and utilizes enormous LED screens and animation. The program runs 140 minutes, and a ten-page booklet filled with amazing live photos from the event is included in the package.
Feeding off the overwhelming response from the Dublin audience, BOWIE said on the first night: "If we're going to film a DVD anywhere, this is the place to do it. I know it, you know it and they (the film crew) know it!" "DAVID BOWIE - A REALITY TOUR" is produced by Blink TV, edited by Emmy Award winner Guy Harding and the Creative Director is Marcus Viner. The DVDs 5.1 surround sound mix was engineered by Tony Visconti, BOWIE's long-time producer of such classic albums as THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD, YOUNG AMERICANS and HEROES; Visconti also co-produced with BOWIE his most recent critically revered albums HEATHEN (2002) and REALITY (2003).
The hugely successful and critically acclaimed "A Reality Tour" began October 2003 in Europe, visiting countries all over the world while attracting over 700,000 fans and earning the tour #1 top-grossing honors for the first half of 2004, according to Billboard Boxscore. It was also hailed as "Best Tour: #2 (after Radiohead)" in the "Critics Picks" section in the ROLLING STONE "Music Awards 2003" poll (2/5/04).
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
If you are a Bowie fan or just starting to check out Rock music this would be a good place to start. Bowie changes musical styles like most rock performers change guitar strings and this gives you a nice over Veiw of almost all of them.
I really hope we get to see Bowie live again but if we don't this is a good place to leave us!
- It appears to be officially put out by his record company. The quality is good.
- It is a lasting record of his final tour. The tour began In October 2003 and this DVD was filmed in November 2003 in Dublin, Ireland. The tour went on for 8 months, cut short when he had a heart attack in Germany, in June 2004. He never toured again.
- His voice is in fine form. Watching even a little of this is chilling and may bring tears to your eyes. It is not elaborately staged as the Serious Moonlight, Glass Spider and other tours were - this was all about the music.
- The video and audio are very good. The intro with artsy grainy footage is about standard for concert dvds so can be forgiven.
- The menu, though very simple, works. I wish there were subtitles but it is not necessary to lower the rating for the lack of them.
- Although rather bare bones for a major star of Bowie's magnitude, the DVD was respectfully put together and includes a small colour booklet of photos and track list.
- The concert is mesmerizing with a very good representation of his major hits plus less well-known songs.
You will not be disappointed by this concert DVD. It is so worth owning. It's just that it comes with the sadness that he had a heart attack a few months later - but here he is still powerful and well.
The DVD has no bonus items but the show itself has enough trills. I recommend it to non-Bowie fans.
Most recent customer reviews
I enjoyed this reminder of what a talented creative unique man David Bowie was.Published 3 months ago by DiannG
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Documentary
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Artists > David Bowie
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Classic Rock
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Pop
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Rock & Roll
- Music > Classic Rock > Album-Oriented Rock (AOR)
- Music > Hard Rock & Metal
- Music > Music DVD & Blu-ray Deals
- Music > Pop > Vocal Pop
- Music > Rock > Progressive > Progressive Rock
- Music > World Music > Europe > British Isles