- Hardcover: 48 pages
- Publisher: Philomel Books (Aug. 18 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0399172750
- ISBN-13: 978-0399172755
- Product Dimensions: 26.2 x 1.1 x 25.9 cm
- Shipping Weight: 454 g
- Average Customer Review: 55 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,348 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Day the Crayons Came Home Hardcover – Aug 18 2015
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Winner of the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Picture Book of 2015!
A Wall Street Journal Best Book of 2015!
One of Parents Magazine's Ten Best Children's Books of 2015!
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year!
“Highly anticipated (yes, even for adults)” —Entertainment Weekly
"Mr. Daywalt’s text blends with Mr. Jeffers’s illustrations to make a picture book that will have children clamoring for more crayon adventures."—The Wall Street Journal
* "A masterwork of humor and design . . . Sure to be as popular as The Day the Crayons Quit."—Booklist, starred review
* "A brilliant, colorful tale that begs to be read aloud and a must-have for all collections."—School Library Journal, starred review
* "Once again, Daywalt and Jeffers create rich emotional lives and personalities for their colorful cast, and it’s hard to imagine a reader who won’t be delighted."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers once again offer perceptive and frequently hilarious insights…The Day the Crayons Came Home will have readers of all ages chuckling—and will inspire kids’ empathy and imagination in equal measure.”—BookPage
Praise for The Day the Crayons Quit
The #1 New York Times bestselling phenomenon—over two years on the bestseller list!
Winner of the E.B. White Read-Aloud Award
Amazon’s 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
A Barnes & Noble Best Book of 2013
Goodreads’ 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
* “Hilarious . . . Move over, Click, Clack, Moo; we’ve got a new contender for the most successful picture-book strike.” –BCCB, starred review
“Jeffers . . . elevates crayon drawing to remarkable heights.” –Booklist
“Fresh and funny.” –The Wall Street Journal
"This book will have children asking to have it read again and again.” –Library Media Connection
* “This colorful title should make for an uproarious storytime.” –School Library Journal, starred review
* “These memorable personalities will leave readers glancing apprehensively at their own crayon boxes.” –Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Utterly original.” –San Francisco Chronicle
About the Author
Although Drew Daywalt grew up in a haunted house, he now lives in a Southern California home, haunted by only his wife, two kids, and German Shepherd. A Hollywood screenwriter by trade, The Day the Crayons Quit was his first book for children. His favorite crayon is Black.
Oliver Jeffers (www.oliverjeffersworld.com) makes art and tells stories. In addition to The Day the Crayons Quit, his books include How to Catch a Star; Lost and Found, which was the recipient of the prestigious Nestle Children’s Book Prize Gold Award in the U.K. and was later adapted into an award-winning animated film; The Way Back Home; The Incredible Book Eating Boy; The Great Paper Caper; The Heart and the Bottle, which was made into a highly acclaimed iPad application narrated by Helena Bonham Carter; Up and Down, the New York Times bestselling Stuck; The Hueys in the New Sweater, a New York Times Best Illustrated Book of the Year; and This Moose Belongs to Me, a New York Times bestseller. Originally from Belfast, Northern Ireland, Oliver now lives and works in Brooklyn, New York.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews