- Hardcover: 40 pages
- Publisher: Philomel Books (June 27 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0399255370
- ISBN-13: 978-0399255373
- Product Dimensions: 26.2 x 1.1 x 26.4 cm
- Shipping Weight: 1 Kg
- Average Customer Review: 169 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,305 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Day the Crayons Quit Hardcover – Jun 27 2013
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Amazon Best Children's Book of 2013: The Day the Crayons Quit, Drew Daywalt’s clever story of a box of crayons gone rogue will get the whole family laughing at the letters written by the occupants of the ubiquitous yellow and green box. The combination of text and Oliver Jeffers' illustrations match the colors' personalities beautifully as the crayons share their concern, appreciation, or downright frustration: yellow and orange demand to know the true color of the sun, while green--clearly the people pleaser of the bunch--is happy with his workload of crocodiles, trees, and dinosaurs. Peach crayon wants to know why his wrapper was torn off, leaving him naked and in hiding; blue is exhausted and, well, worn out; and pink wants a little more paper time. The result of this letter writing campaign is colorful creativity and after reading this book I will never look at crayons the same way again--nor would I want to. ---Seira Wilson
Goodreads' 2013 Picture Book of the Year!
Amazon's Best Picture Book of the Year!
A Barnes & Noble Best Book of 2013!
Winner of the E.B. White Read-Aloud Award
* “Hilarious . . . Move over, Click, Clack, Moo; we’ve got a new contender for the most successful picture-book strike.” –BCCB, starred review
“Jeffers . . . elevates crayon drawing to remarkable heights.” –Booklist
“Fresh and funny.” –The Wall Street Journal
"This book will have children asking to have it read again and again.” –Library Media Connection
* “This colorful title should make for an uproarious storytime.” –School Library Journal, starred review
* “These memorable personalities will leave readers glancing apprehensively at their own crayon boxes.” –Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Utterly original.” –San Francisco Chronicle
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this book as part of my Christmas gift for my daughter who was then 4, and 2 years later just last Christmas, I bought "The Day The Crayons Came Home" as well.
We all enjoy these books. :)
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews