Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Death Rows Greatest Hits Best of, Explicit Lyrics
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Muthin' But A G Thang|
|2. Head Doctor|
|3. Gin & Juice|
|4. Eastside Party|
|5. Murder Was The Case (remix)|
|6. Ain't No Fun (If The Homies Can't Have None)|
|7. Doggfather (remix)|
|8. Midnight Love|
|10. Who Am I (What's My Name)|
|11. Doggy Dogg World|
|12. Too High (Poly High)|
|14. Usual Suspects|
|15. Keep It Real|
Snoop Dogg is one of the most prolific hip-hop artists ever. From music to movies to clothes to community work, Snoop has become an icon in American pop culture. Now all of his greatest hits and videos are available on one 2 CD set. Greatest Hits Deluxe marks the first time that all of Snoop Dogg's greatest songs will be accompanied by all of the videos that match.
Chuck D of Public Enemy once prophesized that if artists didn't own their masters (tapes), the masters will own the artists. Well, hip-hop's fave gangster CEO Suge Knight owns most of his former high-profile label mates' master tapes and continues to issue collections of dated works by Tha Dogg Pound, Dr. Dre, and now Snoop. Originally entitled Dead Man Walking to scare the willies out of Snoop, this release comes with a big fat greasy caveat emptor. Sure, this is a ghetto fab collection of the Doggfather's finest pre-No Limit and Doggystyle Records moments dating back to his brilliant cover of Biz Markie's "Vapors" on Tha Doggfather album. That said, Snoop wants nothing to do with this release because he won't receive any proceeds from it and has urged his fans not to buy it. Contractual shenanigans aside, this release is off the hook and contains most of Snoop's finest career headbangers, from "Gin and Juice" to "Who Am I (What's My Name)." A great purchase if you can live with your conscience. --Dalton Higgins
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Head Doctor - (4/5) by Snoop and Swoop G. This song is actually from the album "Dead Man Walking", which have all but one unreleased tracks on it. This song is pretty good. Classic Snoop.
2. Eastside Party - (4/5) by Snoop and Nate. A good song to chill to. Nate's chorus isn't as good like he usually do. Again Snoop is great here.
3. Midnight Love - (4.5/5) by Snoop, Raphael Saadiq, and Daz. Takes a while to grow on me but an excellent song. Snoop lays two excellent verses while Daz drops an excellent verse. The chorus is cool.
4. DoggFather(Remix) - (1/5) Don't even bother listening to this. I don't like Timbaland's beat.
5. EASTSIDE - (4.5/5) by Snoop, Daz, Tray Dee. Cool Song. These rappers traded excellent verses on a nice beat. Great chorus.
6. Too High (Poly High) - (4.5/5) by Snoop, Daz, and Big Pimpin'. Great song. Good song to chill to. Daz really shines on here.
7. Usual Suspects - (2/5) by Snoop and Threat. Not really feeling this. The beat is lame.
8. Keep it Real - (3/5) by Snoop, Mack 10, Bad Azz, Techniec, Threat and Kurupt. Good song. Not the best though.
9. Snoop Bounce - (1/5) by Snoop and Rage Against the Machine. The song is one of the worst I have ever heard. Get this out of here.
Overall, this a good release. If you don't own "Doggystyle", then get this one.Read more ›
1. Nuthin But A "G" Thang - I love bouncin to this beat. (8/10)
2. Head Doctor - I am not a bigg fan of this one. nah. (4/10)
3. Gin & Juice - This will always be a favorite. (9/10)
4. Eastside Party - Blah. (6/10)
5. Murder Was The Case (remix) - I had a halloween party last halloween, and i played this tune over and over. my party guests loved it (9/10)
6. Ain't No Fun - This has to be my favorite. it is so funny. HAHAHAHA! NATE DOGG SAID "LICKED MY BALLS!" HAHAHAHAHAHA! (10/10)
7. Doggfather (remix) no comment. just plain old don't like this one. (4/10)
8. Midnight Love - Me and my girl friend listen to this song alot . i like it. (8/10)
9. Eastside - EAST SIDE!!!!!!!! (9/10)
10. Who AM i? - i love this one. (10/10)
11. Dogy Dogg World - Nuthin special. (6/10)
12. Too High - i usualy skip this one. so many better tracks. (6/10)
13. Vapors - 2nd favorite. cool beats. (10/10)
14. Usual Suspects - I hate this one. least favorite. (0/10)
15. Keep It Real - Cool song. cool song. cool song. *5 minutes later* cool song. (7/10)
16. Snoop Bounce - Okey... too weird for me. (5/10)
Nearly a decade later, Snoop is no longer a member of Death Row Records. But that won't stop them from putting out a "Greatest Hits" compilation from their catalog. Unfortunately, they have not put forth one of their better retrospectives. Most of Snoop's pre-released work is from "Doggystyle" and a majority of the tracks on the album are either unreleased or new remixes. Only one track, "Vapors", from his sophomore album, "Tha Doggfather" is featured and the hit single, "Snoop's Upside Ya Head" from the same LP is surprisingly absent. Also missing are many of his classic collaborations with Tha Dogg Pound and one of his biggest non-Dre-related hits, his duet with 2Pac, "2 Of Amerikka's Most Wanted". Many of the unreleased tracks could have been used to beef up 2000's "Dead Man Walking" which only had twelve tracks and could have used the help. Here, a lot of the songs just don't seem to be neccessary. These aren't Snoop's most popular tracks from his days on Death Row. Only "Midnite Love" which had yet to be properly released really deserved a spot on this "Hits" project.
This Snoop record feels more like a bunch of "B-Sides" thrown together than a "best of" album. There is no need to put out almost a half-album's worth of unreleased tracks here as Snoop has had plenty of other bigger hits that were excluded.Read more ›
1.Nuthin But A G Thang- Absolute classic, even though it's really Dre's song.
2.Head Doctor- Snoop's voice is weird in this song and i like it. Otherwise average.
3.Gin And Juice- Very good track about what Snoop does when his momma ain't home.
4.Eastside Party- One of many tracks on this album good to chill to.
5.Murder Was The Case Remix- Not as good as the original, but only just. Still a classic.
6.Ain't No Fun (If The Homies Can't Have None)- Very sexist but a head bopper.
7.Doggfather Remix-I don't know what the original was like, but this is my least favorite on the cd.
8.Midnight Love- Another great track to chill to.
9.Eastside- A pretty good track.
10.Who Am I (What's My Name?)- One of my favorite songs of all time. You can't help but dance to it.
11.Doggy Dogg World- Hard to describe, but good to chill to. 11-15 are all good to chill to.
12.Too High- Average.
13.Vapors- I like this one. It's about how they all got to where they're now.
14.Usual Suspects-Nothing special
15.Keep It Real- An East Coast dis. Similar to Eastside.
16.Snoop Bounce (Roc And Roll Remix)- My second to least favorite, but it's definetly different. One of the first rap rock songs, before they knew how to do it.
Buy this if it's cheaper than doggystyle or if you don't care who you're paying money to.
Most recent customer reviews
Do not be fooled when you read the title of this cd. It may say: Snoop Doggy Dogg's Greatest Hits, but it also says "Death Row's" Snoop Doggy Dogg's Greatest hits. Read morePublished on June 22 2004
greatest hits my a**! half the songs on her are unreleased, and there crap (except for "midnight love". thats a good song). no wonder there unreleased! Read morePublished on June 17 2004
Death Row: Snoop Doggy Dogg at His Best [Unreleased] [EXPLICIT LYRICS]~ Snoop Doggy Dogg, et al prsents snoop at his ghetto best. He is angry a bit drunk and coked up. Read morePublished on June 16 2004 by B. Viberg
I got this album when It when it first hit stores. It is my first snoop album and I have to say this album is off the hook. From old school to new. Read morePublished on April 9 2004 by Robert evans
1. Nuthin But A "G" Thang 4/5
2. Head Doctor 3/5
3. Gin & Juice 5/5
4. Eastside Party 4/5
5. Murder Was The Case (Remix) 5/5
6. Read more
You can't find tracks from No Limit Top Dogg or Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told. I think it's a good cd because it's contain Doggystyle, Doggfather and Dead Man Walkin'... Read morePublished on Oct. 30 2003 by Jim L
WAIT FOR SNOOP DOGG TO RELEASE A GREATEST HITS ON HIS OWN TERMS THEN IT'LL BE SOMETHING WORTH LISTENING TO OR SINCE SNOOP AIN'T RECIEVING ANY MONEY FOR THIS. GET A DOWNLOAD....Published on June 23 2003
I like to do this track by track so hear we go.
1."Nuthin but a G Thang"-The classic cut off of Dr.Dre's "The Chronic". Read more