Democratic Phoenix: Reinventing Political Activism Paperback – Sep 2 2002
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"....[Norris's] arguments are cogent, theoretically rigorous, and backed by the best available data in the field. An elegantly written and important book. Highly recommended." Choice
Conventional wisdom suggests that citizens in many countries have become disengaged from traditional political participation. Commentators highlight warning signs including sagging electoral turnout, rising anti-party sentiment, and the decay of civic organizations. But are these concerns justified?This book compares systematic evidence in countries around the world and suggests good reasons to question assumptions of decline. Not only is the obituary for older forms of political activism premature, but new forms of civic engagement may have emerged in modern societies to supplement traditional modes.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Doctrines
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Ideologies