From the Back Cover
Learn how to install, configure, and maintain the latest release of Microsoft’s popular SharePoint Server, SharePoint 2016. This latest version brings with it many changes for IT professionals. With this book you will learn how to create an efficient and stable SharePoint environment for your organization.
Deploying SharePoint 2016 will help you:
- Learn the steps to install SharePoint Server 2016, using both the user interface provided by Microsoft, and PowerShell
- Understand your authentication options and associated security considerations
- Deploy add-ins, either from the store, or from your own custom app catalog
- Configure Search Service Application using either the provided user interface (UI) or PowerShell
- Configure business intelligence service applications such as SSRS, PowerPivot, and Performance Point
- Learn the steps to migrate to SharePoint Server 2016 from either SharePoint Server 2010 or 2013
- Understand the approaches to high availability, disaster recovery, patching, and ways to monitor and maintain your SharePoint 2016 deployment once it’s up and running
Who This Book Is For:
Anyone tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining SharePoint Server 2016 in their organization. This book assumes some working knowledge of previous release of SharePoint Server, such as SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013.
About the Author
Vlad Catrinescu is a SharePoint and Office 365 consultant specializing in SharePoint and SharePoint Online deployments, as well as hybrid scenarios. As a Pluralsight author, Microsoft Certified Trainer, and recognized international speaker, Vlad has helped thousands of users and IT pros across the globe to better understand and get the most out of SharePoint.
Vlad is a three-time Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in SharePoint since 2013 and is known in the community for his technical abilities and for founding the largest and most active online SharePoint community. He also has his own blog, Absolute SharePoint, and he often shares his knowledge by speaking at local conferences and community events.
Trevor Seward is a SharePoint consultant specializing in on-premises infrastructure and architecture, supporting SharePoint and dependent services such as identity management, virtualization, and business intelligence, with 12 years of experience administering and configuring SharePoint. He is a four-time Office Servers and Services Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) who has been recognized for support and developing free open source solutions. He also runs a blog, The SharePoint Farm, with technical, in-depth articles.