From Design Into Print: Preparing Graphics and Text for Professional Printing Paperback – May 18 2009
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
A designer in New York creates a beautiful design but when she prints it the colors become muddy. An art director in Seattle sends a file to the print shop, and they call him to say the job won't print. The editor of a college paper can't figure out why all the pictures in the paper are jagged. And a freelance designer is Chicago needs to bid on her first print job. Linescreen, DPI, CMYK, RIPs, bleeds, spots, and spreads: Why didn't they teach this stuff in design school?
Sandee Cohen comes to the rescue, whether you're producing your first newsletter or you're an experienced graphic designer who needs to come up to speed on professional-level printing. She'll tell you how to make your desktop printer behave, and will take the mystery out of dealing with print providers. You'll learn all the necessary techniques, the terminology, and the rules of printing (and when you can break them). It's like having your own production manager standing over your shoulder. The copious information in From Design Into Print will have your designs looking as stunning in print as they do on your monitor.
This book will help you:
- Choose the right desktop printer for your needs
- Finally understand resolution
- Get the results you want from page-layout and image-editing applications
- Find the best stock images
- Know what to expect when RGB colors convert to CMYK
- Figure out your fonts
- Preflight your work
- Sound smart when talking to a print shop
About the Author
Sandee Cohen has been an instructor in desktop publishing for over twenty years, teaching at New York University, Parson's School of Design, New School University, and many publishing houses and design studios all over the United States. She is the senior contributing editor to InDesign Magazine, and a popular speaker at many InDesign and publishing conferences around the world. In addition to authoring several editions of InDesign: Visual QuickStart Guide, she is co-author of Real World Adobe Creative Suite 2, Adobe Acrobat 5 Master Class, and The Non-Designer’s Scan and Print Book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
As a companion to the Pocket Pal book, this is a pretty handy companion tool.Published 11 months ago by mholyome
Great book! Had to buy it for school but if really enjoy reading it and it's easy to learn with it :)Published on Feb. 10 2014 by Victoria V
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Printing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science