Designing for Older Adults: Principles and Creative Human Factors Approaches, Second Edition Hardcover – Mar 26 2009
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Guidelines are grouped by topic and presented in bullet format or in tables, which makes [this book] ideal as a quick-reference text.
This book is well written in a clear, straightforward language.
[A]ppropriate as a basic reference for practitioners and designers who want to better serve the aging population. I could also envision it being incorporated as a supplementary text in a course on aging and human factors.
I highly recommend [this book] for product designers or readers wanting an introduction to age-related design issues.
- Ergonomics in Design, Summer 2005 --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Neil Charness is Professor of Psychology at Florida State University and Research Associate at the Pepper Institute on Aging and Public Policy. He is also the Director of the Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences area in the department of Psychology at FSU. He has written many articles and chapters on the topics of age, human factors, and expert performance. He is on the editorial board of Gerontechnology, Psychology and Aging and the Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Ergonomics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Industrial Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Safety & Health
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Safety & Health
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Industrial Engineering