- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Destroyers: Rachel Notley and the NDP's War on Alberta Paperback – Jan 29 2016
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Sheila Gunn Reid is the Alberta bureau chief for TheRebel.media. She’s a stay at home mom of three and a conservative activist. Sheila grew up on the family farm and she has strong ties to the oil patch. Sheila has been a contributor to Corus radio’s Roy Green Show, where she was part of the Hockey Mom’s Panel, tackling issues like government over-reach and encroachment into our families.
Top Customer Reviews
A government who has completely bungled their first year in office deserves this kind of critical review.
To name just a few of their bungles:
1) Scare provincial investors away from their energy industry - the single biggest employer - by conducting a drawn out royalty, which lead to absolutely no changes
2) Dramatic increases to both business taxes and mandated labour rates in the worst recession in decades
3) The largest annual deficit in Alberta's history, which they were too embarrassed to speak the deficit amount aloud in legislature
4) A mandated cap on the growth of Alberta's largest employer and source of outside investment
5) Strong arming family farms into being unionized so the party can reward its union cronies
5) Banning of the press from government/public announcements
6) Participating in other provinces and federal elections for their party's benefit, while delaying critical Alberta government requirements - i.e. annual budget
7) Being investigated for fund raising irregularities
8) By-election stunts to throw off the other parties - snap elections, weekend elections in summer
And this only scratches the surface. The horrible truth is that this is not fiction, but cold, bitter reality and the once mighty economic engine of Canada - Alberta - has a destructive force at the controls until 2019.Read more ›
"...those are kids. They're juvenile by definition. But Notley's old enough to be a grandmother, and she still hasn't grown out of her childish campus-style radicalism?"
Reid continues sharing short biographies of key players, one of which is Brian Topp, the premier's chief of staff. Before taking up his new position he has previously come out against the Keystone XL pipeline, and at one point stated that if it were up to him he would force "fossil-fueled cars out of our cities." Then there is Graham Mitchell, the new chief of staff for Alberta's energy minister, who has trained activists to push for fracking bans. And NDP MLA Rod Loyola, who is an admirer of the late Hugo Chavez, and is on record saying that oil royalties should rise from 9% to as high as 60%.
That's a taste of what Reid has to share. One point she makes repeatedly is that Albertans never really wanted the NDP. As an Abacus Data poll showed right after the election, 93% of Albertans thought the results were about throwing the PCs out of office, and only 7% thought it had anything to do with picking the NDP to govern. So the NDPs haven't been given a mandate to make their tax hikes, or to implement their carbon tax, or to force schools to allow transgender boys into girls washrooms. That wasn't what the electorate were voting for.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Amazing insight. Must be fact based or Notley would have sued by now. Alberta is in deep troublePublished 18 days ago by Frank Adamek
Really great read, knew she was as unqualified for the job, but after reading this book I am now totally sure she has problems.Published 1 month ago by Garfield T Firth
When the PCs and the Wildrose mend their fences the Notley crew will be toast! Good work Sheila!Published 2 months ago by Alexander Greer
Factual account on the background of the kind of misled enviro-idiots our uninformed voters have put in power over a resource based province. May God have mercy on our souls.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
An interesting review of the decision makers in the Alberta NDP party.Published 3 months ago by Hillar S Lilles
A well researched book into the inner workings of a current government who is supporting unprecedented spending deficits, and driving forward a socialist and unionist agenda in one... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
A "must read" for anyone who has let their guard down and become complacent regarding the political climate.Published 3 months ago by Movie Buff