Developing Critical Thinkers: Challenging Adults to Explore Alternative Ways of Thinking and Acting Paperback – Jul 29 1991
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Developing Critical Thinkers is a book practitioners and others interested in applying critical thinking principles will find extremely useful. The writing is clear, the examples are many, and the ideas are well grounded in theory and research."
From the Inside Flap
This award-winning book offers a practical, straightforward guide to helping adults develop their critical thinking skills in four key arenas of adult life: in their personal relationships, in their workplaces, in their political involvements, and in their responses to the media.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Brookfield outlines in this book how critical thinking is necessary in decipering media coverage, developing political positions, negotiating family vacations, and even in building and maintaining intimate relationships. Further, Brookfield advises that the critical thinking process affords students the ability to recognize perspectives other than their own held beliefs. Finally, through the epilogue, the educator is given some clear direction in implemeting and incorporating critical thinking dialouge and questioning in the classroom.
Excellent supplement to any andragogy focused course or to improve the quality and efficacy of adult education.
Most recent customer reviews
If you are just getting into reading adult education literature, Stephen Brookfield is a great introduction. Read morePublished on Feb. 3 2013 by MTB guy
Stephen Brookfield writes 254 pages on one of the most important topic in our world and basically says nothing useful. Read morePublished on Dec 6 2002 by Steve A. Sanders
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Administration
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Cognitive Psychology