Dictionary of Computer Vision and Image Processing Paperback – Aug 5 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"…this academic reference work's inclusion of specialized vocabulary…separates it from other more general image-processing dictionaries...a useful resource." (CHOICE, June 2006)
"…a handy dandy reference that many people may find useful…can serve as a nice quick reference, and also provide leads for further and more targeted searchers and exploration." (Journal of Electronic Imaging, January-March 2006)
"This is a complete, highly technical dictionary that will be useful for students and practitioners of the visual computer arts." (American Reference Books Annual, 2006)
"Given the comprehensiveness of the approach and the attention to pedagogical detail, this dictionary is a welcome addition to the field of computer vision and image processing." (Computing Reviews.com, October 21, 2005)
From the Back Cover
The definitive guide for professionals working with computer vision, image processing and multimedia applications
Developments in computer vision, image analysis and image processing are progressing at a remarkable rate. The breadth of applications is vast, covering a range of subject areas from physics and mathematics to multimedia communications and biometrics. The Dictionary of Computer Vision and Image Processing is a clearly written tool for navigating the latest terminology, concepts and technologies in these established areas of growth.
Capturing a snapshot of the subject through its vocabulary, this dictionary:
- presents a comprehensive and authoritative reference for all computer-vision practitioners;
- contains more than 2,500 key terms and 400 illustrations on computer vision, image analysis and image processing;
- provides extensive cross-referencing to guide the reader through new or less commonly encountered terms.
The Dictionary of Computer Vision and Image Processing is an indispensable resource for experienced professionals and advanced level students working in computer vision, image processing and multimedia applications. In addition, novice and intermediate level users of computer vision technology will find it an extremely useful reference tool.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence > Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence > Machine Vision
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms > Pattern Recognition
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning > Computer Dictionaries
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Computer
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Computer Technology > Imaging Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Waves & Wave Mechanics
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Waves & Wave Mechanics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences