- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Dictionary Of Ecclesiastical Latin Hardcover – Oct 1 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A working knowledge of Latin is important for anyone who wishes to study the nearly two thousand years of living tradition of the Catholic Church. It is essential for those who wish to study seriously the sacred sciences of philosophy, theology, and cannon law. Father Leo Stelten, drawing upon his long experiences in teaching Latin to students for the priesthood, has developed in his "Dictionary of Ecclesiastical Latin" a most helpful tool both for those who are beginning their study of the church's lingua materna, as well as for those who are working to renew and improve their knowledge of church Latin."--Monsignor Raymond L. Burke, Supremum Signaturae Apostolicae Tribunal, Vatican City, Rome
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
In addition to good word coverage, it also explains idiomatic usages of words, especially with prepositions. Look at the example pages and you'll some examples of idiomatic uses of words with the preposition "ad".
Most recent customer reviews
Sometimes this is the only Latin dictionary that I have open. Lot's of medieval and church Latin with an appendix that explains specific (often legal) uses. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Amazon Customer
It can be difficult to use a classical dictionary when translating ecclesiastical texts. This dictionary makes it so much easier by focusing on the words that are more common in... Read morePublished on April 27 2004 by J. Clark
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bibles
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Church History
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Reference > Language Studies
- Books > Christian Living Store > Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > English (British)
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > History
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Religion
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Dictionaries; Polyglot
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Latin
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Religious Studies > Christianity