The Dictionary of Fashion History Paperback – Nov 23 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
?A welcome, needed update of an early landmark dictionary on dress; a must have for all who care about the A to Z of fashion.? ?Joanne B. Eicher, Regents Professor Emerita at the University of Minnesota
?Nearly forty years on and now hard to find save in reference libraries, the volume reappears as The Dictionary of Fashion History, skillfully enlarged and re-edited by Valerie Cumming, formerly Deputy Director of the Museum of London. Given fresh life and thorough coverage from 1900 through the present day, the new dictionary is once again ready to prove itself a trustworthy guide and companion to all those interested in the absorbing study of clothing.? ?Ann Saunders, Editor of Costume 1967-2007
About the Author
Valerie Cumming is Chairman of The Costume Society, and formerly the Deputy Director and Chief Curator at the Museum of London.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Fashion
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Criticism
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Art
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Fashion
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Antiques & Collectibles
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference