Dictionary of Jicarilla Apache: AbÃ¡achi Mizaa Ilkee' Siijai Hardcover – Oct 19 2012
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
The first large-scale dictionary of any of the Eastern Apachean languages.
About the Author
Wilhelmina Phone has been working on the documentation of Jicarilla for more than thirty years. She has taught the language and developed materials for Jicarilla language classes for adults and children. She will be awarded an honorary doctorate for her achievements from the University of New Mexico in May of 2006.
Maureen Olson has an MA in education and teaches Jicarilla Apache in public schools and to adults. She serves as coordinator for bilingual programs at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. She is currently the Jicarilla Language Revitalization Coordinator.
Matilda Martinez is a specialist in Jicarilla traditional cultural practice.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > English (British)
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Native American
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Native American
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Study & Teaching
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics
- Books > Textbooks > Reference > Dictionaries