- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Dictionary of Word Roots and Combining Forms Paperback – Sep 1 1960
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Donald J. Borror is a professor of entomology at Ohio State University and the author of books, articles, and recordings. With Dwight M. DeLong he is the coauthor of a widely used textbook, An Introduction to the Study of Insects, now in its fourth edition. Dr. Borror has made several records of bird songs and insect sounds. With Richard D. Alexander he recorded The Songs of Insects, one of the Sounds of Nature disks in the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology series.
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
I use this book all the time to help my students break down and learn the meaning of scientific words. Fantastic little resource!Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
It is a useful book for learning. I was a little disappointed that it turns out a small size book. With the price, it will become costy.Published on April 29 2014 by Brenda Liang
This book was recommended in a book on teaching reading. It is a great reasource to have when you are trying to learn and teach what the different roots in the English language... Read morePublished on Oct. 13 2013 by dm68
Nice little reference (134 pages) packed with word roots and their definitions - adds a little poetry to the scientific names we come across in insects and othersPublished on Sept. 8 2003 by merrymousies
I used this when a bioscience major at Colo State Univ in
the 60's. It was invaluable then and it still remains on
my book shelf as a reference. Thanks Dr. Borror!
I started using this book in 1979 at the advice of my Undergrad Zoology teacher. Now as a new high school teacher, I find that I return to this book to help my students understand... Read morePublished on July 26 1999
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Catalogues & Directories > Directories
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Science
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Etymology
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Medical Books
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Reference > Dictionaries
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology