Digital SLR Cameras and Photography For Dummies Paperback – Oct 8 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...simple to understand" (Which Digital Camera, October 2008)
From the Back Cover
Understand your camera and use every cool feature
Capture the action, shoot RAW, make good pictures great, and share!
With a digital SLR camera, you can transform that great image in the viewfinder into a compelling photograph. This guide is packed with tips for taking advantage of all the features in the latest cameras from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, and others. Here's the scoop on sensors, pixels, cool accessories, lenses, flash units, the latest image editing software, and more.
- Compare features of the latest cameras
Utilize creative exposure techniques
Choose lenses, flash, and storage accessories
Apply image stabilization, auto dust removal, and noise reduction
Enhance and improve your images
Top Customer Reviews
I am currently converting from film photography to digital photography and some aspects are quite daunting. I have, therefore, purchased several books and tutorial DVDs on the subject and am working my way through them all. The title of this product suggests it is the right place to start and, on reflection, is exactly where I should have started. For those of you, who like me, are converting to digital for the first time, grab your camera and a copy of this book and work your way through from cover to cover until you are conversant with the new technology. It really will give you a good grounding.
That, however, will only work very well if you are already conversant with photography. If you are new to photography altogether and a digital SLR camera is your very first camera, you may have to learn a few basic lessons of, for example, the correlation between film speeds, shutter speeds and aperture settings - which really do need to be understood, before you study this book.
David Busch clearly knows what he is talking about and is able to put that knowledge into an easy-to-follow format for us Dummies to read and, as I say, I wish I had read this book before getting into some of the more technical tomes I also purchased.
would buy again
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Color
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > For Dummies Store > Arts & Photography
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Graphics & Illustration > Digital Photography
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Graphics & Illustration > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Hardware > Digital Imaging
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > HTML, Graphics, & Design > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > HTML, Graphics, & Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography