Digital Scrapbooking For Dummies Paperback – Oct 7 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Get creative with graphic elements
Tackle photo techniques at any level
Ready to preserve your memories digitally? This interactive reference explains the basics of this fast, versatile new hobby, giving you the lowdown on the equipment and programs you need to create beautiful pages. You also get expert tips on digital photography, graphic design, scanning, journaling, filters, and fonts.
Discover how to
- Create a digital layout from scratch
- Select the best software
- Use popular scrapbook styles
- Digitize traditional photos
- Get the kids involved
- Share your scrapbook online
About the Author
Jeanne Wines-Reed is coauthor of Scrapbooking For Dummies and founder and Editorial Director of Scrapbook Retailer magazine.
Joan Wines assists her daughter Jeanne at numerous conventions and has advanced training in digital design.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It covers enhancing digital photos, considerations for page designs and how to fix damaged photos. Also covered is how to add texturing and how to make montage images. One part explains sharing your finished pages on CD or DVD or over the internet. There was much that was new to me (flattened image vs a native format file). They advise clearing out clutter from your computer (games, unused programs, defrag), since digital scrapbooking needs lots of storage space.
The final part of the book is in list format: 10 tips, 10 pitfalls, 10 ways to involve kids, 10 ways to use digital techniques with traditional scrapbooking.
Sprinkled throughout are cute cartoons, but few photos. Since scrapbooking is very visual, I missed seeing examples to match the design explanations.
Try it-- you'll like it! It takes some time to figure out how to get started, but I can see that it will be really helpful to share online with friends and family who don't live nearby. This book is a great start!!
Also look online for various digital scrapbooking websites that give you colorful ideas.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Scrapbooking
- Books > For Dummies Store > Arts & Photography
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Graphics & Illustration > Digital Photography
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Graphics & Illustration > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Hardware > Digital Imaging
- Books > For Dummies Store > Entertainment > Games
- Books > For Dummies Store > Entertainment > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Home & Garden > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > For Dummies Store > Home & Garden > General
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Puzzles & Games
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet