Disaster Proofing Information Systems Paperback – Dec 17 2002
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Does Your Business Continuity Plan Rely on Prevention or Cure?
In today's communications-dependent business world, disaster may come in the guise of an act of God, or an act of war. It may also come in the form of such unremarkable events as ISP problems, server outages, systems changes, network glitches, or routine upgrades. With a little bad luck, any one of these can trigger a single point of failure for a major problem.
Increasingly, companies are looking for a more proactive approach to disaster management than traditional disaster recovery can provide. It's time, as Rick Devenuti suggests in his foreword, to change our thinking about preparedness. "Disaster-Proofing Information Systems: "
* Provides a methodology for underwriting business continuity through end-to-end availability and resource distribution
* Takes a close look at best practices and available products and tools for colocated, fault-tolerant systems
* Illustrates how all components of a disaster avoidance implementation can carry their own weight on a daily basis, unlike traditional disaster recovery cost allocations
END-TO-END DISASTER MANAGEMENT FOR YOUR:
* Internet links
* remote users
""This book utilitizes [today's new system capabilities] through a method called SHARED that integrates high availability with disaster avoidance to provide systems that are highly redundant and tolerant of disaster in whatever form it occurs. It will help you chart a course toward systems that avoid the need for disaster recovery...and provide other operational benefits in the areas of performance, reliability, and maintainability."" -- Richard R. Devenuti, CIO, Microsoft Corporation
About the Author
Bob Buchanan is President and CEO of Shiloh Network Solutions, a company that creates tools and secures funding for business continuity and disaster recovery applications. He has long experience in network analysis at LANQuest Labs, 3Com, and Rolm. Bob has authored two books about network analysis: Measuring the Impact of Your Web Site and The Art of Testing Network Systems.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Administration
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Database Storage & Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking