Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual Paperback – Jul 31 2006
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book fits the bill. I use it to review the pathophysiology of various diseases with basic nursing interventions all the time. If we study a disease or system (e.g. renal, or "chronic kidney disease"), I read the accompanying portions of this book. I was looking for something like this for a while -- sort of a disease encyclopedia with a nursing focus. This is the book for that. I actually bought the digital version via Skyscape for my phone (we use digital devices/phones/iPods during clinicals) also, but I keep this book at home and reference it when I'm studying. I wish it had more diseases in it, but it's invaluable -- sometimes the med surg textbook gets me bogged down in details (which is good much of the time) but when I need quick information or a general overview (to review, or to introduce myself to a disease I don't know much about), this is the best book I've found.
It would be great if there were one of these for each discipline within nursing/medicine (i.e. psych, OB, pediatrics, etc.).
I see a lot of students just using Google or Wikipedia to look up diseases, and that makes me really nervous...those are not reliable sources...anyone can publish something in either place. I'm glad I found this book so I don't have to do that.
If you KNOW a nursing student, you need to get him/her this book!
This is a life-saver for Med/Surg. It includes brief but detailed explanations of diseases, causes, assessment data, diagnostic studies, nursing dx, medical and/or surgical management as well as meds prescribed and d/c instructions! Perfect for using in clinicals, careplans and even quick refreshers!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Diseases
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Diagnosis
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Medical & Surgical
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Diseases
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Diagnosis
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Medical & Surgical
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Diseases
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Medical & Surgical