|Price:||CDN$ 8.58 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|2. Having A Blast|
|5. Welcome To Paradise|
|6. Pulling Teeth|
|7. Basket Case|
|9. Sassafras Roots|
|10. When I Come Around|
|11. Coming Clean|
|12. Emenius Sleepus|
|13. In The End|
|15. All By Myself|
Certified at 10 million units by the RIAA. (2/01)
Punk had flirted with mainstream attention before--the Clash and Sex Pistols had hits--but didn't fully advance from the underground until this pure-punk 1994 album. In singing catchy, tight rock & roll tunes--including "Longview", "Welcome to Paradise" and "When I Come Around"--Green Day sneered its way into the hearts of millions. The Berkeley, California, trio also ignited a debate: Is it selling out for punks to sign with a major record label and become multi-platinum stars? Fortunately, this band didn't seem to care as much as Kurt Cobain did. --Steve Knopper
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Every song on this album is golden, it is hard to pick a favourite. A few stand out songs include 17, Burnout and She.
1. Burnout - A song about getting old but instead of feeling like you're growing up you just find yourself feeling bitter, jaded, and burnt out. Features an awesome drum solo.
2. Having A Blast - More themes of frustration with the people around you.
3. Chump - A simple verse/chorus/verse number in the vein of Ramones style simplistic punk.
4. Longview - The big radio hit from Green Day, featuring the greatest bass line ever with subtle hints towards boredom and resulting "fun time with self" time.
5. Welcome to Paradise - A song originally from "Kerplunk!", this song talks about moving away from home and at first being scared to be alone, but then suddenly enjoying the freedom. Catchy as hell.
6. Pulling Teeth - The story of a sadistic girlfriend and the poor bastard involved with her.
7. Basket Case - Yet another of the big radio singles, Basket Case is basically a story about cracking up. going crazy man! going crazy!
8. She - My take on it is that it's a story about a girl that has to live up to certain social expectations, and her eventual moment of breaking out of the shell she lived in. Great song that kind of changes pace for the first time on the album.
9.Read more ›
Still an OK album, all the songs are decent, there's no "bad" songs. But none are not that great. Just nothing special, that's why I gave it 3 stars, because it's just OK.
When "Dookie" is compared to later albums, the difference is noticeable, but Green Day can still retain their trademark sound and mature at the same time. Other bands have failed in doing that (i.e. blink-182). When I heard blink-182's self-titled album, I was throughly disappointed because while taking creative license, they totally screwed up their sound and the old blink is dilluted in a haze of special effects. I know I'm a little off-topic, but the point I am tyring to make is that Green Day got their start with the sound on Dookie and were able to build on it later in their career. But these loud, catchy, and sometimes profound tunes stay stuck in your head for days and allow you to see everything that is going on around you in a more comical way. There is not a bad song on the CD and I suggest in wholeheartedly.
Most recent customer reviews
Plays okay, packaging was a little banged up but nothing major.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
I thought it was supposed to be a green vinyl record. Only bought it for that reason and was dissappointed.Published 6 months ago by Mitch Martin
Pretty Good !
Used but fast shipping in Canada !
This album is awesome, old school Green Day. Brings back memories The vinyl sounds good and the album cover is a classic!Published on Feb. 7 2014 by Alejandro S.
I think the record companies are finally starting to realize that Vinyl albums actually still acumulate sales. Read more
This cd is amazing the vocals the song from beginning 2 end. The songs on it are Burnout,Having A Blast,Chump,Longview,Welcome To Paradise,Pulling Teeth,Basketcase,She,Sassafras... Read morePublished on Feb. 12 2006 by Boyan