The Down to Earth Guide to Global Warming Paperback – Sep 1 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Laurie David is devoted to stopping global warming. She founded the Stop Global Warming Virtual March and has produced several projects that aim to bring global warming to public attention, including the TBS Earth to America! comedy special, the HBO documentary Too Hot Not to Handle, and Al Gore's documentary, An Inconvenient Truth. She was voted Glamour's Woman of the Year for 2006. Laurie lives with her husband and their two daughters in Los Angeles, California.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book is a great introduction to the topic of global warming. Since this topic is something that people sometimes disagree on, readers can use the information in the book to form their own opinions. I think that the authors do a very good job of not only discussing their opinions, but also using facts to back them up. I think the best chapter in this book is the one discussing what we can do to help the earth. The ideas in this chapter are ones that young people can do on their own, like not leaving the chargers for their cell phone or mp3 player plugged in when the device is not connected to it. The bright bold pictures are what drew me in to this book and they would definitely keep readers interested.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Cultural Studies
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Social Skills
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Nature > Environment
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 9-12
- Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction