The Down to Earth Guide to Global Warming Paperback – Sep 1 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Laurie David is devoted to stopping global warming. She founded the Stop Global Warming Virtual March and has produced several projects that aim to bring global warming to public attention, including the TBS Earth to America! comedy special, the HBO documentary Too Hot Not to Handle, and Al Gore's documentary, An Inconvenient Truth. She was voted Glamour's Woman of the Year for 2006. Laurie lives with her husband and their two daughters in Los Angeles, California.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Scholastic is planning to issue a revised version with an updated chart, but there will be no revision to the text of the book, which references and explains the chart. I don't know that most kids will notice that the chart does not support the argument, but an important subject like this should be accurate in all details.
With such inaccuracies I do not recommend the book. Explain global warming to your children yourself - and be sure and use accurate information!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Cultural Studies
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Social Skills
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Nature > Environment
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 9-12
- Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction