Down Syndrome: From Understanding the Neurobiology to Therapy Hardcover – Jul 3 2012
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Down syndrome (DS) is the most common example of neurogenetic aneuploid disorder leading to mental retardation. In most cases, DS results from an extra copy of chromosome 21 (HSA21) producing deregulated gene expression in brain that gives raise to subnormal intellectual functioning. The topic of this volume is of broad interest for the neuroscience community, because it tackles the concept of neurogenomics, that is, how the genome as a whole contributes to a neurodevelopmental cognitive disorders, such as DS, and thus to the development, structure and function of the nervous system.
This volume of Progress in Brain Research discusses comparative genomics, gene expression atlases of the brain, network genetics, engineered mouse models and applications to human and mouse behavioral and cognitive phenotypes. It brings together scientists of diverse backgrounds, by facilitating the integration of research directed at different levels of biological organization, and by highlighting translational research and the application of the existing scientific knowledge to develop improved DS treatments and cures.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference > Education & Training
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Math > Education
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Genetics
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Education & Training
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Neuroscience
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Neurology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Education & Training
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences