Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 10.98 shipping
Driver San Francisco - Bil - Wii Standard Edition
- Rediscover the cinematic driving sensations of Driver: loose suspension, long drifts, sharp bends and high-speed pursuits in dense traffic. Drive over 120 licensed cars involved in some of the most intense chase sequences ever seen.
- Uncover a thrilling storyline in which personal revenge fuels Tanner's relentless manhunt for Jericho. Follow Tanner's survival race across San Francisco and discover how this chase will bring him to a point of no return.
- Experience 9 different frantic and addictive on-line modes, where the SHIFT feature allows players to be anywhere at any time. Ram, tail and overtake your friends in offline split-screen or online modes.
- Experience unprecedented intensity, diversity and freedom; Shift into a faster car, deploy civilian vehicles to destroy your enemies and even take control of your opponents' car to force their demise.
- Record your best stunts and chases with the Director replay mode to edit and share your movies. Test your driving skills with 20 challenging races and 80 "dares" spread all across the city.
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii | Edition: Standard
With crime lord Charles Jericho now on the loose, San Francisco faces a terrible threat. Only one man can stand against him. He has driven the streets of a hundred cities and spent his whole life putting criminals behind bars. But to take Jericho down, there can be no turning back, and he knows that this may very well be his last ride. His name is John Tanner. He is the DRIVER.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Graphics - 8
Soundtrack - 7.5
Presentation - 8
Lasting Appeal - 8.1
Cons - No online play
My driving hand (numchuck steers, accelerates and brakes) is dang sore and I'm not sure I'll ever master using two hands to do different driving and shooting things at the same time. Still it's not sooo hard like some of these (flat out game up Resident Evil and the dang village square sequence) that you can't make it through missions as they give you a lot of tries.
I love the attitude and interface. It's deadpan cop, sarcastic comic book meets game. Being from San Francisco originally, I appreciate the ability to, even poorly, driving around and destroy stuff without having to worry about imminent arrest. I also like the commentary on the state of the cities and the issues ("you have to walk 40 blocks to get a parking space") which is exactly right and why I left and only visit through this game. It also has 200 miles (allegedly) of city streets so no running out of track like with many other driving games which bore me to tears and the streets are relatively (give or take) accurate in visual depiction.
If you wanna visit San Francisco for cheap, it's definitely worth it.