- Actors: Dennis Weaver, Jacqueline Scott, Eddie Firestone, Tim Herbert, Lou Frizzell
- Directors: Steven Spielberg
- Producers: George Eckstein
- Format: AC-3, Closed-captioned, Collector's Edition, Color, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, DVD-Video, Full Screen, NTSC, Subtitled
- Language: English
- Subtitles: Spanish, French
- Subtitles for the Hearing Impaired: English
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: Universal Studios Home Entertainment
- Release Date: Feb. 8 2005
- Run Time: 90 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 124 customer reviews
- ASIN: B000063UR5
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #6,713 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
Duel (Collector's Edition)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Steven Spielberg directs this high-velocity thriller about a motorist terrorized by an evil truck. Spielberg's first full-length movie, Duel, helped jumpstart the director's big-screen career, with a gripping, action-packed story hailed by critics as a film that "belongs on the classics shelf reserved for top suspensers" (Dailey Variety). Dennis Weaver stars as the traveling salesman waging a desperate battle for survival after he is mysteriously singled out. Praised for its deft use of relentlessly mounting psychological tension, Duel features one of the most uniquely terrifying "characters" in movie history: a massive, roaring, 40-ton truck with sheer menace. A few years later, the action of Spielberg's blockbuster hit Jaws would echo Duel's tale of a lone hero in a heart-stopping fight to the finish against a monstrous, inhuman foe.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 124 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The story centres around a man driving home on a lonely desert highway only to become the target of lunatic in a transport truck who continually stalks and terrorizes him through out the film.
Brilliantly directed. Easy to see that Spielberg was destined to be a master film maker.
Based on the story by author Richard Mathason author of "I am Legend", "Somewhere in Time", "What Dreams may come", "Nightmare at 20,000 ft", "Real Steal"
An interesting way to shoot a movie as you never see the truck driver, just his voice.
Except for Weaver a cast of nobodies.
A bunch of featurettes are included including interviews with Spielberg.
le trailer de ce film est particulièrment bon
le son 5.1 Français, anglais,,spanish est parfait pour accompagner l'éffet visuel qui devient incroyablement bon
de grand art,! genre Jaws !
(a voir aussi '' Breakdown'' avec Kurt Russell 1997) Breakdown
a very entertaining movie a real cliffhanger almost reminds me of The Hitcher.
Action from beginning to end you can see where JAWS plot comes from Duel.
In JAWS you have a crazy Great White in Duel a Crazy Truck Driver who chases
down innocent drivers & collects licence plates from his victims & mounts them
on the front bumper of his truck.
I Highly recommend this Movie for your collection
Want to see more reviews on this item?