Echo Dot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition Luxury Beauty home Kindle sports Tools

Customer reviews

ESSENTIALS OF QUALITATIVE INQUIRY
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 7, 2017
No complaints. The book came as ordered
on October 24, 2011
This is my go-to book for qualitative research. Maria Mayan makes qualitative research understandable and accessible. I go back to this book over and over to make sure I am on the right track. This is an essential bookshelf asset for the novice researcher. Mayan discusses the importance of congruence between each component when conducting qualitative research. She has organized the book really well and each chapter clearly states it's focus. She takes the reader through method, research question and sampling, data collection, data analysis, rigor, proposal writing, the ethics board, and writing and reflexivity. However why I really LOVED this book is that in the appendices she provides examples of a transcription from an interview, an example of field notes, and a document analysis template. I use this book along with Munhall (Nursing Research: A Qualitative Perspective) to help with my qualitative research studies.