Earthquakes and Tsunamis in the Past: A Guide to Techniques in Historical Seismology Hardcover – Feb 2 2009
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This important reference book for scientists, engineers, historians and archaeologists, defines the discipline of historical seismology by detailing the latest research methodologies for studying historical earthquakes and tsunamis. Incorporating examples from a broad geographic region to illustrate key techniques, it provides an important basis for understanding future seismic hazards.
About the Author
Emanuela Guidoboni is a senior scientist and head of the historical seismology and volcanology unit at the Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Bologna, Italy. From 1983 to 2007, she served as director of SGA-Storia Geofisica Ambiente, Bologna, a company specializing in the study of earthquakes and other historical environmental phenomena. A historian by training, Dr Guidoboni is a leading expert in the historical seismicity of the Mediterranean region, and the author of a number of important historical earthquake catalogues and more than 100 scientific publications.
John Ebel is a Professor in the Department of Geology and Geophysics and Director of the Weston Observatory at Boston College, Massachusetts, where his research interests include theoretical, exploration and earthquake seismology. Professor Ebel was awarded the 2003 Jesuit Seismological Award and the 2004 Service to the Seismological Society of America Award.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Archaeology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Seismology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Geophysics
- Books > Science & Math > Archaeology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Earthquakes & Volcanoes
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geology > Volcanology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geophysics
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Seismology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences