- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self Paperback – Aug 1 2004
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Rather than presenting an esoteric borrowing from Indian culture, Judith employs the metaphoric language of the chakra system within the context of modern psychology. Her clear organization and numerous charts make browsing for subjects of personal relevance a breeze, and her comparison of the various maps of psychological development (Freudian, Piagetian, Eriksonian, Reichian, and others) is intriguing. The book provides a useful tool for contemplating our strengths, weaknesses, and appropriate approaches to growth. -Yoga Journal". . . [S]parkles with insight. Spiritual seeker, client, and therapist alike will find treasures here."-PanGaia magazine
About the Author
ANODEA JUDITH, Ph.D., is a leading authority on the integration of chakras and therapeutic issues. She is the author of the chakra classic Wheels of Life, along with several other books, audio courses, and the video The Illuminated Chakras. She has a Ph.D. in health and human services, an M.A. in clinical psychology, and additional training in bioenergetics, trauma recovery, yoga therapy, and shamanism. She lives in Sebastopol, California, and travels extensively with trainings and workshops.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I lent it to friends and they say the same thing.
In fact, I am thinking of buying a 2nd copy just to lend out so I don't have to do without it.
Most recent customer reviews
The same colleague had this book and when I was told that my third chakra needed help and when I read what I can do for my third chakra. The suggestions were very helpful. Read morePublished on Jan. 25 2014 by Lucie Roussin
An amazing book! A must have!
It made me gain new insights. I would put this book under " Reading Therapy"
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Energy Healing
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Hinduism > Chakras
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation