Eat Raw, Eat Well: 400 Raw, Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes Paperback – Mar 15 2012
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Douglas McNish is an executive chef, cooking teacher and raw food consultant who is passionate about sharing his knowledge about the raw food lifestyle. He has personally experienced the benefits -- he lost 100 pounds in 2 years since embracing the diet. Douglas lives in Ontario.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
A the beginning of the book is an introduction to raw foods including a section about eating raw in frigid weather. (spiciness does help). After a discussion of cooking techniques and kitchen tools, Dough launches in to the recipes.
I will admit, that I had a hard time getting past the breakfast and smoothies sections. The "Sweet Green Drink" with kale, spinach and romaine could be part of my lunch every day and I'd never get tired of it.
As with all the recipes, there are substitutions suggested where appropriate. This worked well with the smoothies as it made it easy to add in a fruit or vegetable that was available for one that was too pricey when I was shopping.
What surprised me, is that most of the smoothies start with a base of a cup of almond milk. Previously I would have used juice, but the almond milk, or other nut/seed milk, makes for a creamier and more whole bodied drink.
The breakfast porridge were a nice change of manufactured cold cereals and a lot more filling. They do take a bit of time to prepare, but not much longer than a pot of steel cut oatmeal.
My family did have a hard time accepting that soup didn't come to the table steaming hot.Read more ›
I have been trying to incorporate more raw foods & good fats into my diet but for quite a while but when searching for cookbooks I have been overwhelmed with all the hard to find ingredients and dehydrator recipes...until now! I do love salads & vegetables, but I find that I buy groceries and then always get sick of the same old salad...in the end too much food just goes to waste. My favourite part of this book is that it presents a long list of easy dips, dressings & salads so that I can finally buy easy to find, simple ingredients and add some variety, deliciousness to my nutritious diet!
What makes this book fantastic:
- This book helps me feel great, love my food and lose weight!
- Easy to make recipes
- Easy to find ingredients
- Helpful tips including substitutions and complimentary foods/recipes, how to soak etc.
- Huge section on simple salads & dressing...perfect to change up the same old lunch salad
- Although there are so many dehydrator recipes that sound delicious, I have not yet tried them and would recommend this book even to people who are not interested in these recipes
- Delicious smoothie & juice recipes
- Every recipe I have tried so far has turned out to be extremely flavourful and delicious
Quote from my co-worker who just had a taste of the cashew spinach dip I made last night: "Oh my gosh...I will never buy a store-bought dip again, this is so flavourful!"
Thank you Doug.
Im addicted to Kale Chips and love it!
a little more detailed. There is something for every taste and every thing i have made turns out and tastes great!
This is like the little black dress of Raw uncookbooks :)
+ Tasty recipe
+ Simple recipe
- Not much pictures, so you are less incline to try the recipe compare to Rawlicious for example.
- Lots of recipe require equipments: Juicer, power blender, dehydrator, etc.
Most recent customer reviews
This book has a wide variety of recipes. Some don't turn out as expected. Takes getting used to the textures.... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Marion Helmer
Amazing recipes. I just wish there were more pictures of the food.Published 9 months ago by Amy De Wolfe
This is a wonderful book. It requires a few more ingredients than I expected however, the food tastes great AND you have left over ingredients to make it again. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Janice Bartley
Haven't used a lot of recipes yet because I just received this book, but I LOVE what I have done so far!Published 22 months ago by Deb
Have not made anything yet but have looked at the recipes. Would like more photos of the recipes!Published 24 months ago by Dianne
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Gluten Free
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Healthy
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Raw
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Vegetables & Vegetarian > Vegan
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Vegan
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Gluten-Free
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition > Healthy Cooking
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living